Sign in to follow this  
madtomo

Bad xml and faces crash linux dedy

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

How angry ami........very, very, very angry......here we have a 2x 100mb server which we cant open to the public beacause of .xml problems...............................................

SORT IT OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(or ill come round ya house.......)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JimGun @ Dec. 05 2002,11:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

How angry ami........very, very, very angry......here we have a 2x 100mb server which we cant open to the public beacause of .xml problems...............................................

SORT IT OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(or ill come round ya house.......)<span id='postcolor'>

hahahhaahaha lmao this isnt anger just a over enthuesiastic member u wanna see him when he,s really angry (or maybe u dont lol) lmao tounge.gifwow.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gif

Jim Gun Angry??!! Lmao tounge.gif

He just annoyed and frustrated that he has to see his server being locked up while BIS work on a resolution.

YES BIS!! We are aware their is a problem. YES BIS!! We are aware that you have a fix in the works. But how about posting some details here to give us and some hint of a lead time to its completition.

I can see many other threads where BIS have gratefully posted details pertaining to problems occuring and offering help and advise plus lead times to resolution. How many posts are required before you do this?? confused.gif

It will continue to grow and grow, as I have said before it benefits the public if we can unlock these servers.

FAO Whisper... If you are indeed someone in the know.. please help us here.. otherwise are you just a person moderating policy and conduct on the forums??

ROCK ON LINUX SERVERS wow.gif

Tracer

Got a PM from a Moderator today... I first thought "YEEHAAA SOME NEWS".. however.. upon ready the first sentence I soon realised it was a simple request to reduce the size of my Signature confused.gifwow.gif

Oh well, I will go and edit my Signature to be a little smaller and keep waiting for the magix message advising new linux patch released.

FAO Madtomo - a message in the main troubleshooting is addressed to you with regards to a fellow linux server using requesting some help with changing config file to 3rd Person. I told him you know all about it m8 smile.gif

Tracer

"Reducing Size shortly"

New Linux 1.90 beta is currently being tested and will be hopefully released in a few days. We think http download problems are fixed in this version.

BOOYA biggrin.gif

Thanks for the information Suma... we look forward to seeing the patch in action....

In fact.. if it works.. you should pop over for a game tounge.gif

Take some time out of your schedule from dealing with "annoying" players like me to enjoy your creation biggrin.gif

Our server is seen on the EYE as "WWW.SUICIDESOLDIERS.NET" 100Mbit (Storm)

cheers

Tracer

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Dec. 05 2002,19:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">New Linux 1.90 beta is currently being tested and will be hopefully released in a few days. We think http download problems are fixed in this version.<span id='postcolor'>

there is a god after all and he goes by the name of suma biggrin.gif

Check this Flashnew topic.

Sidenote: No, I am not a god, and no, it does not please me to be called like that. confused.gif If you are reading Bible, you can check what happened to Herodes who liked to be called a god (see Acts of Apostles). wow.gif

First looks are  biggrin.gif  wow.gif  smile.gif

Connection with xml settings are ok. If anyone wants to try my test rig with their xml then come over to 62.3.114.2 will be available until late tonight.

Debian 3.0 (2.2.20 Kernel)

OFPR 1.90f Linux beta (no addons, basic install)

XP2200

1GB

ADSL 512/256

Seems to work fine until now! Good job BIS, thanks a lot!!

If anyone wants to check:

62.146.60.190 Port: 2302 Resistance 1.90 original, no addons

62.146.60.190 Port: 2500 Currently running SEB NAM pack 2.0, Winter Nogojev 1.1, MTCO Addon pack 1.0, Russian Weapons pack !!

Note: Custom file size limited to 80 kb!!

Feedback via PM on this forum is appreciated!

Specs:

100 Mbit

Suse Linux 8.1 Enterprise Server

2 x 2,2 GHz Intel Xeon

2,5 Gigs RAM

open 24/7 (if it doesn't crash tounge.gif )

Hi,

Linuxserver 1.90 beta (old one)

If somebody connects to the server it gets very laggy to the whole session.

can you confirm?

@hugo: yes, this happened to me, too! But only with players using squad.xmls.

Anyway the new patch is out and as far as I am concerned this doesn't seem to be a problem anymore. Need more players to connect and test it though.

was just joking about the god bit suma nothing personal how about i edit it to e very nice guy tounge.gif

No problems on our server so far... looking good.. open to the public as it should be biggrin.gif

Nice Fix... smile.gif

Tracer