commando180

Virtual Reality ARMA - Oculus/HTC Vive

12 hours ago, commando180 said:

If anyone can think of a limitation in arma 3 + VR right now let me know 🙂 I am pretty sure you cant because i am convinced everything and anything can be done in ARMA now.

Inverse kinematic animations and stereo rendering (aka sending two different renderbuffers to the headset, VorpX is "guessing" two buffers from the depth-buffer, which is by far not as good as real stereo rendering).

Just to name two. 

7 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Inverse kinematic animations and stereo rendering (aka sending two different renderbuffers to the headset, VorpX is "guessing" two buffers from the depth-buffer, which is by far not as good as real stereo rendering).

Just to name two. 

Ah, i didnt really make clear. i meant tell me a limitation in terms of experience in ARMA 3 if proper VR was implemented? I can think of none!

I wonder if there will be a new "Push" towards VR as there is now a run to this technology. (see: Half Life:Alyx).

VR is now a pretty matured technology and many existing games provide VR updates or plan VR capabilities for the future.

Would be very happy to see a statement from a BI developer if it would be basically possible to have VR basics and functions within the engine so that the community can do the rest.

Thanks

FirstPanic

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FirstPanic said:

I wonder if there will be a new "Push" towards VR

Not Arma 3 no.

7 hours ago, FirstPanic said:

would be basically possible to have VR basics and functions within the engine so that the community can do the rest.

If there was a dev team with a dozen developers and a couple weeks of time and some VR gear.. sure.. but there isn't.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

Not Arma 3 no.

If there was a dev team with a dozen developers and a couple weeks of time and some VR gear.. sure.. but there isn't.

I am sure if BI isnt working full time on ARMA 4 right now, i could use a VR DLC 🙂 I would happily pay full price for it......... if it works properly and all........ i wouldnt even mind an ARMA 3 lite or something with VR......... a limited map or something with arma 3 stuffs but small scale.........

• Like 2

The milsim community needs the next generation of simulators with full vr implementation, if not BI, lets hope Microprose comes out with somethis, as Davide Lagete, works with them..

I think my post disappeared, but anyway - in case the ARMA 4 rumors are circulating again.......... lets remind BI that VR should be a priority in ARMA 4 🙂 I want the next gen of ARMA 4.......... Just like BI were pioneers of OFP in 2001....... the first ever sandbox milisim game. That was revolutionary at its time....... lets have 2020+ be the ARMA 4 revolution in VR that we need........ the community needs ARMA 4 VR!!

I want my endless 10km run each day ........ ducking and diving into the trees....... avoiding bullets....... flying jets, flying helis, driving cars, tanks etc etc............. oh man 🙂

I want to remind everyone that apart from Half Life: Alyx there has yet to be a full AAA VR game. Look at the VR games that are out there, those are stuff made by a small dev team and a guy in his bedroom....... imagine with the $$ BI has and the creativity what can be achieved? If BI really pulls of a sandbox/milsim ARMA 4 VR then they are in in to cash in big time........ Watch those EA, UBISOFT and Activision share price tank!!

• Like 2

The best thing at this point... and now with the acquisition by Tencent... it to US to gather game programers and designers to start a Community MIlsim simulator Proyect... like Squad was..

Hi I got into VR a while ago and would really love to have ARMA go VR.

Its a great chance for them to pick this up... BUT I believe this would need quite some engine tweaking to modern standards - that would be awesome, for all ARMA Players.
I would really look forward to play it in VR - flat gamin hast lost its charm to me, going into VR is just a different experience. 

I'll Post this on the PiMax Thread, maybe some other are interested and we can get some activation to this thread and maybe the dev team.

ARMA is playable in VR - i have done it on my 10 year old pc and the Oculus DK2......... i never tried it agian on the Vive, Index or Rift S.......... its probably likely that the resolution and performance improvements are there...... I think arma just needs an overhaul now though - regardless of VR or not

In theory, you can use ReShade, VirtualDesktop, Opentrack. But there is a simpler option, this is VorpX, it’s paid, and it’s crooked...