beno_83au

[Release] Airburst HE (ACE3 Compatible)

i get an error message and the script doesn't work. neither on mp nor on sp.

16:08:44 Error in expression <(currentMagazine _target) in MIL_AirburstAmmo>
16:08:44   Error position: <in MIL_AirburstAmmo>
16:08:44   Error in: Typ Zeichenfolge, erwartet Array,Objekt,Location

Is your _ammo variable an array? Example:

private ["_units","_ammo"];

_units = ["p1","p2"];
_ammo = ["RPG32_HE_F","RPG32_F"];	//needs to be an array of strings (same as _units)

if ((str player) in _units) then {
	nul = [_ammo] execVM "MIL_airburst\initAirburst.sqf";
};

Or, if you're doing it for everyone:

private ["_ammo"];

_ammo = ["RPG32_HE_F","RPG32_F"];

nul = [_ammo] execVM "MIL_airburst\initAirburst.sqf";

second version.

thing is i only change the script folder with the one of the previous script version, and it works.

Updated:

v1.4:

Fixed - initAirburst.sqf was not saving ammunition natures as intended, due to small change in the execution in initPlayerLocal.sqf that had been made. initAirburst.sqf now reflects the change that was made.

Sorry, bit of an oversight but I was parsing [_ammo] into initAirburst.sqf and had forgotten about it. It's fine to stay as _ammo now though as I moved the change into initAirburst.sqf itself to avoid changing the readMe instructions again. Four day weekend after tonight..... One would think then would've been a better time to do all this, rather than relying on 3 hours sleep for a few nights in a row to avoid making these simple mistakes.

15 hours ago, beno_83au said:

Updated:

v1.4:

Fixed - initAirburst.sqf was not saving ammunition natures as intended, due to small change in the execution in initPlayerLocal.sqf that had been made. initAirburst.sqf now reflects the change that was made.

Sorry, bit of an oversight but I was parsing [_ammo] into initAirburst.sqf and had forgotten about it. It's fine to stay as _ammo now though as I moved the change into initAirburst.sqf itself to avoid changing the readMe instructions again. Four day weekend after tonight..... One would think then would've been a better time to do all this, rather than relying on 3 hours sleep for a few nights in a row to avoid making these simple mistakes.

on self hosted and sp it works with the second classname-type of the ammo entry. but on dedicated still, the second ammo-type isn't recognized.

i don't know. maybe it's a bug somehow. on second try on dedicated, it works now... standby... 

false alert.

everything works fine now. maybe my fault or maybe arma (it fucks us all ;)

i'll keep you informed of any further bugs.

• Thanks 1

For some reason, I cannot lower the range after it has been set. Everything else works great and this adds an extra layer of realism to this game.

• Thanks 1

Update:

v1.5:

Fixed - Range text field couldn't be changed after confirming.

@Wulfle Thanks. I'm not sure how that got past me yesterday but it was an easy fix.

@beno_83au Not a problem! I love this! The fact that this is just a script blows me away! I was actually wondering if it would be possible to extend this functionality to projected grenades? Any further bug-testing you need, I'll be happy to provide!

• Like 1

On 19/10/2017 at 10:19 AM, Wulfle said:

extend this functionality to projected grenades?

Sorry mate. I had a quick go at it using what I have here and couldn't get them to explode. A look around the net has led me to believe it's not going to be easy to achieve (unless I've missed something). Apparently BI were going to include an airburst-capable grenade launcher but didn't due to difficulties with it I think. 

That's alright then. Thank you so much for this script!

• Like 1

the script doesn't work with respawned units.

in MP, when you initially join the mission everything's ok, but when you die and respawn, you lose the abillity to airburst the ammunition type.

and you should tweak the del and backspace function, so the curser is positioned left of the 0, after tapping the key.

Try it from onPlayerRespawn.sqf at a guess, that would be my first stop. As for the gui, I'll have a look at adding in a cursor position change at some point. 

you mean the code i usually put in the initPlazerLocal.sqf, i now have to put in the onPlayerRespawn.sqf? but is it then executed on "first life" as well?

There's a setting, maybe in the description.ext, that forces a respawn when they join, so you could use that as well as run the code in onPlayerRespawn.sqf. I'm not sure off the top of my head though whether or not it'll cause dramas if you just include the code in both, so maybe give it a try. 

And yes, I'm talking about the code in initPlayerLocal.sqf

Hope that helps. 

thanks, that worked. haven't tested it with simultaniously running both sqf's, but with the onPlayerRespawn.sqf it works.

by the way, i've translated it into german language and because of longer words altered the sizes of the textfield and buttons, as well. maybe you can use it and also make it variable with the arma language support.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dtltzpr99dclcbd/MIL_airburstGerman.rar?dl=0

• Like 1

Yeah thanks. I've never done stringtables so it'd be interesting to learn how they work. I'll give it a go. 

Updated.

v1.6:

Added - stringtable.xml translations.

Changed - Pressing backspace or delete will now clear the range text field, as opposed to resetting it to "0".

Thanks @madpat3 for the German translations. If anyone notices the poor quality of any other translations, please throw me a bone and write some up for me. There's only so much that internet-based translations can achieve.

• Like 4

-the german translation for "Range in (m)", "Confirm", Cancel" don't fit in the spaces. And there is a translation mistake for "Set Range". Must be "Entfernung festlegen".

-sometimes, the hint "fuse failed" comes up, although the warhead detonated correctly.

-and the hint "impact" should also be shown, when the fuse is set to below 40m, not only 0.

I must be doing somthing wrong.....

Dont get the option for setting settings....

I got the folder "MIL_Airburst"

In my

description.ext

#include "MIL_airburst\defines.hpp"    //(basic level of GUI defines, nothing flash)
#include "MIL_airburst\fuseSetting_dialog.hpp"

In my

initplayerlocal.sqf

private ["_units","_ammo"];

_units = ["p1"];
_ammo = ["MRAWS_HE_F"];

if ((str player) in _units) then {
    nul = _ammo execVM "MIL_airburst\initAirburst.sqf";
};

No option... what to do :D

Link to my test pbo

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljhl4pvbd46vrk7/Airburst%20test.Altis.pbo?dl=0