GonnaDieSoon

Friendly survivors?

I've been playing on Mini DayZ for a day or so now and I love it, but I haven't met any friendly survivors. Are they implemented yet? If so, is there any criteria I need to meet? Thanks. :)

In fact, I've survived for 3 days but I haven't seen any survivor :(

Hello GonnaDieSoon!

Friendly survivors are implemented but you have to stay alive for some time and maybe even travel to the next island to make the chance of meeting them higher.

i play on ios

i met couple of hostile survivors with weapons, and once i met a (maybe) friendly survivor, he was running away from me and since i thought he was hostile i shoot him...he said "this is not right"

not sure anyway how a real friendly survivor will interact with us

@robocoder How long were you alive (no.of days) before you met them, were you on browser or phone??

I'm very eager to meet AI survivors on phone as gameplay is much more fluid than in browser.

i was alive for 7 days and i met the first friendly survivor on the third island

he was very useful but i wish there would be more interaction rather than him killing zombs i wish i could access his inventory and manage his gear and i want to be able to tell him to stay in one place so i could create and outpost 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, T_12 said:

@robocoder How long were you alive (no.of days) before you met them, were you on browser or phone??

I'm very eager to meet AI survivors on phone as gameplay is much more fluid than in browser.

i met that innocent survivor just at the second day probably, on the first island. i am on IOS at the moment, games is located on 3 different island.

yesterday went for the first time on second island just after 3 days but got almost instantly killed by hostile survivors, they were in 3 all with weapons...

• Like 1

over 8-9 days of playing ive met 2 friendly survivors both on the third island

2 hours ago, bulan555 said:

over 8-9 days of playing ive met 2 friendly survivors both on the third island

Hey @bulan555 @canemorto

Do the friendly survivors stay with you or wander away?

@T_12 from what ive seen they stay with you but what do i know i use them to clear a city so i dont waste ammo

@Loudmushroom uhm dont get blood thirsty thats what got me killed in the ninth day and well grab the running perk as soon as possible and avoid getting in touch with zombs (use the stupid ai and hide behind building corners)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, T_12 said:

Hey @bulan555 @canemorto

Do the friendly survivors stay with you or wander away?

the one i met was running away...and sorry i killed him because thought was hostile lol

i just met hostile survivor camping in military base... they shot me on sight and i couldnt do anything

@DoppiaP Run away from them when you hear the gunshots. Don't go too close. If you enough health, a good melee weapon (or maybe a gun), bandages, you can go fight him :)

@T_12 in my last game somebody (hostile survivor) was trying to kill me whit a baseball bat but when I extracted a magnum (without any bullet loaded) he fled immediately saying OH NO HE HAS A GUN :P lmao

• Like 1

i finally met friendly survivors!

i am on ios, basically if you have activated the perk to sight enemy from distance, it should also help to locate friendly players (smiley face icon).

anyway i met first time a group of two on the first island, when you get closer a baloon appear to activate talk to survivors, basically you can trade items.

i didn't resits, and i kill both of them...lol

second time i met friendly survivors was on second island, while i was geting closer to them but they start to shoot at me without any reason.

maybe i was carrying a firing weapon and they got scared...

i was killed because they were in 3 and lost tons of good stuff!

• Like 1

@canemorto Those survivors were not "friendly" ones, they are classed as neutral.

Sorry for the large amount of text but I kinda get in a zone when I start writing and I don't get out of it until it's too late.

Friendly - Appears out of nowhere usually and says something along the lines "Lets team up!". He will then follow you and assist you in fighting hostiles (like a pet in other games). I have not been in contact with one for long enough (they kept shooting me by accident) but it appears that you can't give them equipment/trade with them. 

Neutral - These are usually found on a stretch of road, most of the time in groups. These "groups" will stay where they are, so once you have found them your set. They don't shoot at you specifically but will start shooting if you attack first. Also bear in mind that they don't know what collateral damage is, so make sure there isn't a zombie or wild dog somewhere behind you in relation to them, as they will fire at the thing, with you in the middle. When you are close to them a button will appear with a speach bubble, this allows you to trade with them for different things. Another good thing to do is to set up base near them, as they will act as permanent sentries.

Bandits/Hostile - Most common, they roam the map looking for the player. If found they attack on sight, usually have a melee weapon but in later stages of the game they do get guns/rifles (they are terrible at aiming however). Only word spoken by this class is taunts or pleas for forgiveness (depending on how the fight is going).

*Note* All survivors can and will eventually die. When they do they drop all their equipment. Also I have yet to double check this but it appears that survivors will search building and collect loot, as I have found in numerous instances that I have left a tool/weapon and when I returned it was missing. 15 or so game minutes later I find a bandit with that exact tool.

• Like 4

lol I'm the only one who hate friendly survivors? xD I get shot every time in crossfire by them

i was playing mini dayz on ios and theres this guy i thought was a zombie but once i shot at him he said "thats unfair!" and i never met any suvivors yet so i didnt know if he was friendly and got scared or hostile and just a wimp. was he innocent or hostile?

Friendly survivors are those where you can see the health bar above their heads. I've met 3 till now. They can be really helpful and a little detrimental at times. Wish they could regenerate health and trade a bit like the neutrals.

Am i the only one who finds it hard to even find 1 survivor, even on Veteran, do you only find them on the 2nd or 3rd island, because i've only been to the second, but not for long as i died looting a military base ..... but now i cant even survive for 10 - 20 minutes, food and water becomes so scarce for me i don't understand why!!

I entered a house then suddenly I heard someone killing a zombie I went out & take a look and it was a survivor it aint attacking me but i shoot him with my remington and he said "Unfair!"