avibird 1

Help needed to simulate the sinking of the freedom carrier.

I have been fooling around with the USS FREEDOM I was wondering if putting a few items on the deck of the carrier which can be destroy by incoming enemy fire using the !alive command and if all the items on the deck get destroy the carrier and  in the  surrounding area will get deleted from the map. Will this work with the carrier

Check this out.

No idea if this will work with the carrier since it's multiple objects together but worth a try.

Cheers

4 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Check this out.

No idea if this will work with the carrier since it's multiple objects together but worth a try.

Cheers

Nice one, but this mass/center of mass will only apply to PhysX objects, and carrier is just a "House" I think. setVelocityTransformation should probably work in this case.

thanks for the reply guys I don't think it will work because the carrier is multiple parts ? In arma2 I had a way to call in a FOB using a script and when three items in the based get destroyed but random fire the entire base and anything within 50 meters would be deleted from the mission. I used  !alive command and used three base items named base1 base2 and base3. I can't remember how I did the whole setup it was really simple way. If anyone could get something like this to work that would be great.

Need help on this.

setTriggerStatements ["!(alive usfreedomHQ1) && !(alive usfreedomHQ2) && !(alive usfreedomHQ3)"]

condition {deleteVehicle _x} forEach (carrier1);
sleep 1;

buildings = position carrier1 nearObjects 60;{deletevehicle _x} foreach buildings;

alive usfreedomHQ1,HQ2, HQ3 are destructible item on the deck of the carrier

when all three are destroyed I would like to  delete the carrier and anything in 60 meters in the location.

I've seen people sink trawlers before by attaching a SDV to them using the attachTo command, this would then make them able to be "driven" by the AI. When the SDV is destroyed it sinks and drags the trawler down with it. 

I've only seen that done in Zeus, but it should be possible in editor.

Here's Liru working his zeus magic to make "destroyers" out of the static trawler a motor boat and other craziness