Sign in to follow this  
Steam

Monsters

Could some1 make a monster of some form that like takes loads of hardware to destroy, im all for realistic addons, but i was wondering if we could like see eg the marshmellow man off of Ghostbusters, that Sauron off of Lord Of The Rings or even the Gargantua off of Half-Life, just something that like armys have to mobilise agains to attack...think of the scenarioes you could create...even a Godzilla monster would be good biggrin.gif

P.S Watchin LOTR now hows about some1 makes that huge cave troll thingy that like doesnt die biggrin.gif

Here's an idea: Perhaps threads with dumb topics like these shouldn't waste BIS's server space and bandwidth which could be dedicated to more useful subjects.

There have been two dozen threads about requests for the dumbest things which people know in the first place, will never get made anyway.

agree....

If u want monsters, there is an alternative: Resident Evil, Half Life etc....

They have nothing to do in OFP..... smile.gifmad.gif

Resident evil and half life also other games star wars etc are cool with monsters. OFP would be fun with monsters none of those games have the effect of this game some un real addons would spark new idias and the game would spread out to more people wink.gif

I disagree with you....

I think the people who like monsters (which i think SUCKS) in games prefer Res Evil, Doom, Half-Life and those kind of games...

Games like OFP, Delta Force, Project IGI with "real" men, vehicles etc.. shouldn`t have monsters in it...

what i`m trying to say is that OFP should be OFP........(or something like that...) smile.gif

Those game engines are not as good as OFPs if you dont want the monster addons then dont download them

Ok just dont download what you dont want all im saying nothing against you

ofp's engine, while good for large areas, cannot be considered the best because it has many litations, can't support nice models, and really cannot be modified (this is a major downer), and finally inst accesible at all. you have look that ofp is bis's first project, and while it is a terrific game, it is their FIRST major project.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here's an idea: Perhaps threads with dumb topics like these shouldn't waste BIS's server space and bandwidth which could be dedicated to more useful subjects.

There have been two dozen threads about requests for the dumbest things which people know in the first place, will never get made anyway.<span id='postcolor'>

confused.gif? What are you talking about...just because i would like to see something in the game that is different to the normal x plane or y infantary soldier it is automatically dumb?!?!?! i suggest that you dont critisise others tastes

*pokes people in this forum with a stick*

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

eeeeeeeeeeeew! you people don't think the war of the worlds aliens would be cool in flashpoints...............

get away from me you......... freaks.

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

they would kick ass.

And I didn't think that every topic dented BIS brandwidth too much. I think you're just complaining because you are having a crisis in your life because you wont acept that too want the ships from war of the worlds in flashpoint.

I just thought about Resident Evil zombies in OFP... Oh my god a Resident Evil mod would be so cool :>

I think the film: war of the worlds makes you think about the soldiers in it anyway.

Thats such a class film........

I dunno about lots of zombies coming over a hill towards La Trinite though

War of the worlds aliens pleeeeeaaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

If I knew ANYTHING about addon making I would try and make my own, but I don't sad.gif

I got resident evil for gamecube it kicks ass those zombies are hard mofos to kill would love to have 50 slow moveing zombies walking at you

Ok ppl, chill out. I am asembling a team for an Aliens mod. You want monsters, we will give you monsters... in a couple of weeks.

Any plans to make the actual aliens for the aliens mod? And if so how? I thought melee combat and new soldier animations were supposed to be pipedreams.

You know what would be easier to do and better than Aliens though?

Terminator Wars!!!

T-800s, Hunter Killers, those massive trundling things, and to take them down just insane grenades, pickups with heavy cannon and a few dozen grubby infantry. Set it up on a nuked island and bobs your uncle.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frugo_PL @ Oct. 29 2002,01<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok ppl, chill out. I am asembling a team for an Aliens mod. You want monsters, we will give you monsters... in a couple of weeks.<span id='postcolor'>

Good on ya!!..im a dedicated russian pilot/tanker/subcommander in a force on force organization...but i gotta say that the idea of having the option to step into a sci-fi genera in opflash has merit IMO...star wars comes to mind as well...or how about "UFO" from the 1960's...or captain scarlet...or thunderbirds even....aliens ..diffenately...and oh yeah...those transformer thingy guys....all would work well and give hours and hours of entainment....for those days ya just feel too bored with playing the same genera over and over....flashpoint seems to me ,..the perfect platform for such addons...hell why not?(as long as it doesn't cut into quality russian addons of course...hehe)

Nothing wrong with a monster mod...if you are an OFP "purist", then simply don't use it!

To say people's ideas are dumb just because you dont like them is insufferably arrogant and ignorant. mad.gif

The problem with monster mods is the fact that in whatever setting the creature is (i.e. usually a film) it takes shedloads of shots to kill the damn thing.......

If you want to see what I mean, get Black Baron's Terminator model and see how many men it takes to kill one of the damn things!

I'm all for the monster mod idea though... anything that pushes flashpoint's engine to it's limits has to be good...

(Hopes for a Dog Soldiers mod)

*bumps up his idea/ plea to someone to make the war of the worlds aliens*

Nothing makes me angrier than people that seem to think OFP is strictly for military things. Zieg heil! I do not like mosnters, no one shall be allowed to play with them! Achtung!

OFP has seen a shopping trolly, a flying trabant and an electric drill. Aswell as numerous other "not strictly military based" addons. If it can be done well then i dont see why anyone should have objections to it.

Now...

War of the worlds as in the cheesy american film loosely based on the book, or war of the worlds as in the proper HG Wells sence Jamesia? smile.gif