Hi , i haven't posted on here before so Hi :) 

but im experiencing a few issues with my mod that i am creating , i cant get it to do what i want , it literally start up arma with my mod and load into the game and the vest spawns massively between the characters legs i literally have  no idea how to fix this can someone p

TZvwpW9.png

Could you post your config? If you need help writing it just send me a message.

• Like 1

You need to double check your p3d model and make sure you have correct selections/weights. There is a good example in the A3 samples.

After you've verified that move onto the config entry, crosscheck with a3 vanilla config

• Like 1

I say release it as is. Arma3 VMGW early access. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, easyeb said:

I say release it as is. Arma3 VMGW early access. 

Now thats not very helpful for the author of the thread.

• Like 2

Oh I was not aware I had to weigh/selections, im not sure how I would do that? And I can write the config.cpp no problem I know that stuff but if I need help with that I will message you :) M.Rush

13 hours ago, warlord554 said:

You need to double check your p3d model and make sure you have correct selections/weights. There is a good example in the A3 samples.

After you've verified that move onto the config entry, crosscheck with a3 vanilla config

Your vest needs to be weighed meaning you have to assign vertices in the 3D modeling program you are using, areas like neck, pelvis spine1,2,3 etc., it's a way the game understands to move certain parts of the vest model you made with the 3D character. If you made your model in Blender an easy way to do this is simply to go the vertex tab and create vertex groups (it's the same thing as weighing) But I believe Object Builder has a more detailed weighing tool which helps greatly.

The problem is not in the config too if you are wondering why it is at your legs... It either is occurred because your PBO lacks a model.cfg, you havent set up object properties with "autocenter = 0" or lastly as stated above - havent assigned vertex groups (weighing).... Simple troubleshooting too... if your vest follows your movement but is still stuck on the ground or at your waist, you simply apply location, rotation and scale (if you are using blender).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wendyvonbraun said:

Your vest needs to be weighed meaning you have to assign vertices in the 3D modeling program you are using, areas like neck, pelvis spine1,2,3 etc., it's a way the game understands to move certain parts of the vest model you made with the 3D character. If you made your model in Blender an easy way to do this is simply to go the vertex tab and create vertex groups (it's the same thing as weighing) But I believe Object Builder has a more detailed weighing tool which helps greatly.

The problem is not in the config too if you are wondering why it is at your legs... It either is occurred because your PBO lacks a model.cfg, you havent set up object properties with "autocenter = 0" or lastly as stated above - havent assigned vertex groups (weighing).... Simple troubleshooting too... if your vest follows your movement but is still stuck on the ground or at your waist, you simply apply location, rotation and scale (if you are using blender).

Thank you :) i don't have a model.cfg , i have never wrote 1 but i shall see if i could write 1 and well im using 3DS Max to be able to model as in my opinion im not a fan of blender its to complicated i can do UVMaps through blender thats about it but if i was to export my 3D Model to blender would i be able to apply the vertex groups that way or would that not be possible ?

55 minutes ago, Stephen Allen said:

Thank you :) i don't have a model.cfg , i have never wrote 1 but i shall see if i could write 1 and well im using 3DS Max to be able to model as in my opinion im not a fan of blender its to complicated i can do UVMaps through blender thats about it but if i was to export my 3D Model to blender would i be able to apply the vertex groups that way or would that not be possible ?

You should be able to do it in 3DS max just fine, just need to look it up how... there should be a ArmA tools addon you can download and completely skip the Object builder phase.

• Like 1

Well everytime i go to add a group it does this :

meOyD6i.png

and i havne never used blender so i have literally no idea what i am doing lol 

Have you tried the Wiki? It's as good a place as any to start.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Macser said:

Have you tried the Wiki? It's as good a place as any to start.

To be honest i was not aware there was 1 and thank you :) 

Applying location, rotation and scale for Blender is the reason the vest is so big too... You'd notice something is wrong when you export the model for viewing in Bulldozer because the damn thing is 5x the size of what it actually is.... I know in blender it should be Control + A apply all of those, and the vertex group you go here:

2 minutes ago, wendyvonbraun said:

Applying location, rotation and scale for Blender is the reason the vest is so big too... You'd notice something is wrong when you export the model for viewing in Bulldozer because the damn thing is 5x the size of what it actually is.... I know in blender it should be Control + A apply all of those, and the vertex group you go here:

Ah i was not aware of that i will try it in future and i was told by 1 of my friends i had to make some form of geometry thing im not entirly sure what i have to do with it to be honest ?IB7Pc0f.png

2 minutes ago, Stephen Allen said:

Ah i was not aware of that i will try it in future and i was told by 1 of my friends i had to make some form of geometry thing im not entirly sure what i have to do with it to be honest ?

Well to be perfectly honest you don't even need to use Object Builder, a lot of people who mod in ArmA 3 don't use it because it is much more complex and way less documentation than Blender or 3DS.
What he is referring to can also be done in Blender... What I would do personally if I were you is take a look at the BIS sample content released on Steam... You need to add properties to your LOD's such as autocenter... So for instance in the circled area that "0.00" indicates the distance mesh LOD, so 1.00 and 2.00 etc., will use a different lower poly mesh to be less taxing for machines at distance.... I don't really know all too well about object builder, but I know for a fact with the arma toolbox for Blender you can simply press "N"; a window will pop up on the right side, scroll down do it like this:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wendyvonbraun said:

Well to be perfectly honest you don't even need to use Object Builder, a lot of people who mod in ArmA 3 don't use it because it is much more complex and way less documentation than Blender or 3DS.
What he is referring to can also be done in Blender... What I would do personally if I were you is take a look at the BIS sample content released on Steam... You need to add properties to your LOD's such as autocenter... So for instance in the circled area that "0.00" indicates the distance mesh LOD, so 1.00 and 2.00 etc., will use a different lower poly mesh to be less taxing for machines at distance.... I don't really know all too well about object builder, but I know for a fact with the arma toolbox for Blender you can simply press "N"; a window will pop up on the right side, scroll down do it like this:

Thank you :) 

• Like 1

Just now, wendyvonbraun said:

No problem brother, anytime lol

If i need any more help il fire you a message :) 

• Like 1

I posted about the wiki because it has some info on 3ds max.

From reading the wiki, something like a vest doesn't appear to require the presence of a mesh in the geo. Just that the lod itself is in the model.

If you decide to use Blender, you can transfer weights directly from an example character to clothing. Just use the data transfer modifier with the example character as a source. Although it might need a bit of tweaking here and there to sort out any major clipping.

On 6/27/2017 at 6:08 PM, Macser said:

I posted about the wiki because it has some info on 3ds max.

From reading the wiki, something like a vest doesn't appear to require the presence of a mesh in the geo. Just that the lod itself is in the model.

If you decide to use Blender, you can transfer weights directly from an example character to clothing. Just use the data transfer modifier with the example character as a source. Although it might need a bit of tweaking here and there to sort out any major clipping.

What format are you importing into blender? Because my example never imports selections. (Exporting 3ds from O2)

P3d , using Alwarren's toolbox. There's a selection of them in the character example zip.

All the selections are there as vertex groups. Once you have those, transferring them quickly to other meshes, like clothing, is very quick.

Ah I gotcha so your importing the full p3d Lod directly instead of exporting from O2 first

Exactly.

From there you can use the data transfer modifier, to move the weighting to another mesh. Like items of clothing.

The nice thing about environments like Max,Maya and Blender is that you can then test out your weighting before you export. Even a simple FK armature/rig works great for that. It cuts down on bouncing between programs and game.

On 30/06/2017 at 5:16 PM, Macser said:

Exactly.

From there you can use the data transfer modifier, to move the weighting to another mesh. Like items of clothing.

The nice thing about environments like Max,Maya and Blender is that you can then test out your weighting before you export. Even a simple FK armature/rig works great for that. It cuts down on bouncing between programs and game.

how would i transfer the vertex's ? from the examples im not to sure how i would do that