worsin

Help Opening Console

I cannot seem to figure out how to open the debug console.  I'm in single player campaign mode and im told to hit Esc and that it should be there but this is what i see when i hit esc.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=938727524

Just the options menu

I heard also to type CTRL D and that does nothing either.

Any help is appreciated

The console is only there in the pause menu when the mission designer has set enableDebugConsole to 1 in the mission files (description.ext).

Normally one does set it to 0 though when publicly releasing the mission (and declaring it somewhat stable). You would have to open the mission, change that variable and pack it all again.

As SpacePilot said, you can skip the mission without the console, with a certain code. Press left Shift together with the - of the numpad, then release both keys and type in: endmission

There's also that cheat tool around I saw recently. That would be another option.

https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/179688-simple-single-player-cheat-menu/

But all in all (from a mission designer's perspective): If there's something that needs or could use a change or you found a bug, give feedback to the missions author. That's the most appreciated method.

• Like 1

I just returned to Arma3 and i play through some interesting singleplayer content. Right now i'm obsessed with WLA, but i'm somewhat annoyed by the tedious and slow prestige income. So i tried to help myself via cheat engine (no luck finding the address, prolly battleeye thing).
Then i found out, there's a way to add prestige points via a simple console command. And then i hit another wall. I just can't seem to find out how to open the damn console. Shift + nupad minus does nothing. Esc menu doesn't show the console window either. And what's odd is that the enableDebugConsole IS set to 1 in the description.ext. Just to be sure, i checked the alternate description files just out of suspicion that the mod might be shuffling them somehow - THEY ALL got the console enabled. Soo... what gives?
Is there like a launcher or ingame options place where i need to enable the console as well? Because the mod definitely does have it enabled. I just can't seem to get to the console...
Fcken hell, why can't i just hit a button, input the command and be done with it... I don't mind the mod's challenge, i am enjoying freeing the Altis villages one by one, WLA is a great mod, i just wish that the prestige income was a stream instead of a trickle.
Soo, any tips? I unpacked WLA, checked the description.ext, and there it was. "enableDebugConsole = 1;" Soo, WHERE IS THE DAMN THING?

Thanks, even before reading about the debug console enabler mod recommendation, i found some kind of an Arma 3 cheat menu mod, which enables the console as well. So i'm already having a lot more fun. But still, thank you, that's gonna be handy as well.