Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

Arma 3 dev team decreasing?

On 6/7/2017 at 6:51 PM, kremator said:

All we need to be worried about, with the team size decreasing is to what extent Arma3 will be supported in the future (and for how long).  Long after Arma2 development there were still patches, even through the team was then tiny.  I would assume that we'll see the same thing happening with Arma3 - but not for at least a couple of years.

It makes sense for BIS to start diverting the main team into other avenues (Arma4 or something else) in the very near future.  We still do have some major and minor DLCs to come - so it is by no means a death-knell just yet :)

A4 will likely take longer to get off the ground than previous titles as well. new engines, new problems to solve, new modding community.

I think A3 will be around for a long time, I have a feeling there will be some serious challenges the team has to overcome to make A4 viable as a "newer and better" successor.

Thread cleaned up due several off topic posts, with some talking about the moderation of the forum. If you have an issue with moderation please PM a moderator. Also this thread has derailed from the tile of the thread - Closing 

• Like 1