Sign in to follow this  
OntosMk1

Russian strike aircraft....

Ok, anyone out there plan on making some Russian attack aircraft? The Su-25 is nice but its more like the A-10....

We need something like the Mig-27 or maybe even the Su-24.

Just a request really...We need something to give the 109ADATS a run for its money....And so far even the Tunguska ist struggling with the AMX Tornado...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, anyone out there plan on making some Russian attack aircraft? The Su-25 is nice but its more like the A-10....<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe, havent really seen anything

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We need something like the Mig-27 or maybe even the Su-24.

<span id='postcolor'>

No, we dont need mach-3 attack planes

Actually yes we do...

BTW, The is a MiG-29 out (Textures are buggy on it). I would like to see a MiG-31 smile.gif

There's F14, F15 (being made) and an F16. We need more Soviet MiGs! smile.gif

Neither the Mig-27 or the Su-24 are Mach 3 capable aircraft.

I would compare the Mig-27 to the Tornado or maybe an F/A-18 and the Su-24 is almost a direct copy of the F-111B.

Right now the Russian strike craft (Su-24) that are in game are incredibly vulnerable to Stingers/Sa-7s. The Tornado and Skyhawk mods that have been put out move too fast for the SAMs (ZSU-24/AS6/SA-7) to track. Anyways....I just think it would be cool to have a Mig-27 or some Russian attack plane in game wink.gif

Hmm.... yeah, a MiG-27 would be really cool.... or we could just go HARDCORE and make a MiG-28 from Top Gun! wow.gif

They already made Sr-71 which crosses Everon faster than I can manage to shoot a fart. Hooray! What the hell is the point of those hyper fast planes other than eye-candy sitting on the runway. B-2s, F117s and other stealthy/secret technology aircraft are flying only from their own designated airports where security is very tight. They don't just send out a top-technology aircraft to some no name island with a tiny airstrip you know.

if you dont like it, dont dl it...

i love to have some high tech jets on my no name island with a tiny airport to blow up

There already is a MiG-29... it runs and looks pretty good.

However there seems to be issues with the Textures. When you place several of them in a mission they really lag it.

Any ideas as to what this might be? I would love to fix this issue with them.

Here is a link to the MiG:

http://www.opflashpoint.org/addons.php?v=226

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ Nov. 13 2002,17:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They already made Sr-71 which crosses Everon faster than I can manage to shoot a fart.  Hooray!  What the hell is the point of those hyper fast planes other than eye-candy sitting on the runway.  B-2s, F117s and other stealthy/secret technology aircraft are flying only from their own designated airports where security is very tight.  They don't just send out a top-technology aircraft to some no name island with a tiny airstrip you know.<span id='postcolor'>

sorry but hes right... these addons look really cool but theyre almost useless sad.gif ... i know... u dont have to download them ... but all the talented modeller, skinner and coder should use their time for addons that give something to opf... tanks, helos, ships and slow/lowflying ground attack planes... the only REALLY usefull planes we got yet is the bronco... plz think about it smile.gif

Non-sense... that's merely a matter of opinion.

We have several missions with F14's and other Jets. They work great! The missions are a lot of fun.

i think the SU-25 and A-10 are perfect for any modern day close air support aircraft, the only thing i want for modern day is two seat versions, they are around, although probably trainers, flying in an attack plane with another person in ofp is very cool, also if they could change the angle of the weapons and slight model improvements(this is probably a job for p3dedit guys), other than that, the best aircraftt hat fit ofp's style of play are probably vietnam era aircraft, things like the A-6/A-7/A-37/A-1 are all sub sonic(i think) ground attack/close air support aircraft, for the russians the mig 17/19's will do around the same job whe configured for ground attack, for heavy ground attack, you have things like the F-105/F-111 or SU-24/Mig-27 creating modern fighters doesnt make sense when these aircraft would be much more useful

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ Nov. 13 2002,17:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They already made Sr-71 which crosses Everon faster than I can manage to shoot a fart. Hooray! What the hell is the point of those hyper fast planes other than eye-candy sitting on the runway. B-2s, F117s and other stealthy/secret technology aircraft are flying only from their own designated airports where security is very tight. They don't just send out a top-technology aircraft to some no name island with a tiny airstrip you know.<span id='postcolor'>

If the islands are crosed to fast its only because nobody has got their gear together and made a 25.6kmx25.6km or a 51.2kmx51.2km map. This has been possible since 1.75 - why hasn't anyone exploited it?

Someone should make the Su-30MK, seeing as it's western counterpart, the F-15E is coming soon smile.gif

fsu30mk_vl.jpg

fsu30mk_p_01_l.jpg

fsu30mk_p_03_l.jpg

su30mkweapons1_c1.jpgsu30mkweapons2_c1.jpgsu30mkweapons3_c1.jpg

Front cockpit:

su30mkcockpit4_c.jpg

Rear cockpit

su30mkcockpit3_c.jpg

Note the displays are in English, this is the export version.

i think either the SU-32 or SU-34 would be better, as two seat planes are much more fun in ofp than single seat planes

su-32-line.gif

su-34-line.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Nov. 19 2002,23<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i think either the SU-32 or SU-34 would be better, as two seat planes are much more fun in ofp than single seat planes<span id='postcolor'>

The Su-30 IS a two seat fighter note I provided pics of front and rear cockpit. The 32/34 is simply a longer ranged, almost purely ground attack variant. The Su-30, like the F-15E has more flexibility for multirole (I realize some of the pics I posted aren't working, I'll fix that when I get home tonight, for now just copy and paste into your browser, and navigate to them)

I think it kinda be a pain in the *ss for 2 seat planes. For example lets say your in a 2-seater as a pilot and are trying to shoot down another plane w/ guns. Instead of just being able to press the fire button on your joystick or left-click using the mouse, you would have to press CTRL on the keyboard to fire more than Five or so rounds.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 19 2002,23:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Nov. 19 2002,23<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i think either the SU-32 or SU-34 would be better, as two seat planes are much more fun in ofp than single seat planes<span id='postcolor'>

The Su-30 IS a two seat fighter note I provided pics of front and rear cockpit. The 32/34 is simply a longer ranged, almost purely ground attack variant. The Su-30, like the F-15E has more flexibility for multirole (I realize some of the pics I posted aren't working, I'll fix that when I get home tonight, for now just copy and paste into your browser, and navigate to them)<span id='postcolor'>

oh didnt notice that, but still i think a dedicated ground attack and the side by side seating would be better than the usual tandem seating, ofp doesnt really need multirole fighters....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Nov. 19 2002,23:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but still i think a dedicated ground attack and the side by side seating would be better than the usual tandem seating, ofp doesnt really need multirole fighters....<span id='postcolor'>

Well, now that Fighter jets can engage with missiles properly, that may change smile.gif. It would be nice to have the side by side seating Su-32/34, but the main strenght of that type over the 30MK is longer range (I mean the thing has a toilet for christsakes). BTW, I fixed the pics. Should be a help to anyone thinking of texturing an Su-30MK interior smile.gif.

I was discussing with a few people my next project after im done with F-15E. I came to few options..and their all russian ..cause west has enough shit.

Su-34

Mig-29 (one ppl can actuly use)

Su-37.

I never considered the Su-30, cause for a 2 seater..the Su-34 would fine..and it looks cool. i love that jet.

So if u guys can help me make my mind..then i can start my research on it to begin modeling.

cheers

But the second seat could be used as a cargo seat not only as a gunner seat, that way the co-pilot just helps you handle the situation. You are the one that does the killing smile.gif

For a bomber role..u need a gunner to handle the bombs..lock and search for them..its hard for pilot to fly and use mouse to lock and shit...but if your just air patrol..against air threat..then u dont need gunner...thats why their single seat jets...the Su-34 is a bomber role. so the gunner is needed. In the F-15E we made it so the gunner controls the weopons.

its fun.

cheers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deadsoldier @ Nov. 20 2002,18:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Su-37.<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, I'm half Russian and I love that bird, but it would make no sense for a few reasons - it's just a prototype, and OFP doesn't need nor can it handle a "supermaneuverability" fighter. The Su-30MK would be a better analogue to the F-15E, but the Su-34 would be cool.

Don´t make the Mig-29, there is already a very good MIG-29 done by Scorpio. Probably he´ll release a new version(I hope so)...

I think your choices are between SU-30 and SU-34