doctorbutts

Please tell me how to get a simple JIP setup to work.

I am so frustrated. I've been trying to do what I thought was a simple thing: to get people who join the server after mission start to spawn in the mission. I've tried a few different settings in my files, and either spawn as a seagull, spawn as an immovable seagull, or have unlimited respawns at a respawn_west marker I made that I don't even know I need.

I've googled a bunch of different terms trying to get this to work. I've even tried to look at some of the mission framework/templates out there that have JIP, but doing so means I either have to spend hours trying to integrate a bunch of bloat I don't need, or spend hours trying to detangle a hundred different script calls to pull out the one or two things I need my mission to do.

I just want my mission to allow people who have just joined the server when the mission is in progress, to spawn in any available slots. I don't want anyone to be able to respawn. If they die, I want them to be able to use BIS default spectator script. I have most of their gear set up in the Eden loadout, although I do have a small loadout script that applies to every player as well. They don't have to respawn with their group, I can figure something out or a server admin can teleport them.

1. How should init.sqf (or initserver.sqf) be set up?

2. How should description.ext be set up?

3. How should Eden's Attributes>Multiplayer...>Respawn be set up?

4. Will I have to completely redo a loadout, or will Eden's loadout + throw in loadout information from initPlayerLocal.sqf to onPlayerRespawn.sqf?

Thank you for your time.

In Eden, go to Multiplayer and uncheck "Enable AI". That way a new character is created everytime a player joins.

If you don't want players to be able to respawn then simply deactive the respawn in Eden.

Ooooh the good old days of a .ext file and the 2d editor, great times since eden release. :don11:

4 hours ago, R3vo said:

In Eden, go to Multiplayer and uncheck "Enable AI". That way a new character is created everytime a player joins.

If you don't want players to be able to respawn then simply deactive the respawn in Eden.

Yes!

Just one (big) difference:

If you disable Ai like this, the command playableUnits , often used in scripts for some works on these units regardless of their status (player/Ai), will not return the full array of slots but only playing units (same as allPlayers).

Furthermore, disabled AI simply not exists (nil variable)  (see my remark here).