Sign in to follow this  
Zodi4c

Operation flashpoint collectors edition and tshirt

Well topic really. I was attending this big LAN Party called CampZone, and since I was one of the people constructing it, setting up the network and helping the visitors, I got

- Operation Flashpoint - Cold War Crisis Collectors Edition

- Operation Flashpoint - Resistance

- Operation Flashpoint T-Shirt

as a reward biggrin.gif Shame that I already BOUGHT Cold War Crisis. Wouldve saved me money  tounge.gif Im really happy with the addon and shirt though.

If you're not happy with your cold war crisis copy, feel free to send it to me...

It includes OFP V1.30 + Redhammer.

RED

Lol, if you ask me, these so-called "collector's editions" which include just about every new DVD released, games, etc. is nothing more than trying to get a fan to spend extra cash on something he/she already has. So you may get a poster and maybe some small documentation extra which didn't come with your regular game.

We all buy video games and DVDs, therefore we're all "collectors".

Just a way for corporate kingdom to cash in from people dumb enough to fall for any stunt they pull, like "collector's edition"

Yea, well...

Heres the catch: Got it for free biggrin.gif 2 legal OF copies can never go wrong. Christmas LAN Party, here I come.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ Nov. 09 2002,14:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Lol, if you ask me, these so-called "collector's editions" which include just about every new DVD released, games, etc. is nothing more than trying to get a fan to spend extra cash on something he/she already has.  So you may get a poster and maybe some small documentation extra which didn't come with your regular game.

We all buy video games and DVDs, therefore we're all "collectors".

Just a way for corporate kingdom to cash in from people dumb enough to fall for any stunt they pull, like "collector's edition"<span id='postcolor'>

Not always.

This is rteally only true if the Collectors Edition only comes out months after the original game. But if it comes out at the same time, then it's a way to make moer money from the diehard fans. Like the Warcraft III collctors edition. Or the new Lord of the Rings collectors Edition.

To me it's more the 'Game of the Year' editions that package all the games and expansions together that are trying to milk more money out of the core fans. But that's just my opinion!

Hmm, I got this cardboard (Is this the correct word?) DVD case, with in the lower left corner the word: Collector's Edition. No extra posters or whatever, though. But I didnt check the CD yet. Maybe some nude pictures of the development team biggrin.gif