Sign in to follow this  
_SCAR

How can I texture the Test House 01

Hello,

I'm trying to add textures to the Test_House_01 example in Arma 3 Samples.

The example is clearly a Land_i_Shop_01_v1_F model from the game, which however completely lacks of textures:

VoU3xFViCv.png

Therefore, I took the main texture (i_shop_01_v1_f_mlod_co.paa) from A3:

yYf1J6UkJJ.png

There are also other textures available, such as wall_01_co.paa:

e_nKzoukWB.png

However I can't seem to understand how to import it. When I look at the UV, they seem to be unrelated and quite messy:

poLOaZpFrT.png

2SLIbkAI_j.png

Has any kind soul some advice on how to proceed? The only thing I'm really interested in here is having a model I can easily change the wall colors of... I'm experimenting to have a shop with many different wall colors and that's the only thing I really care (but I obviously have to do this to get there).

Thank you for any inputs.

The UV map looks messy because it shows more then one UV-set! etc one UV-set uses the (i_shop_01_v1_f_mlod_co.paa) texture and then there may be others UV-sets that uses other textures. So you have to find the selection that uses the right texture then click E in O2 and add the right texture to the right selection.
In blender you can see the different selection in the materials tab (there are probably a similar function in O2). 

• Like 1

Also the first texture, i_shop_01_v1_f_mlod_co.paa isnt the main texture, but a resolution LOD texture for further range (mlod).

There is no "main texture" for the res1 model, more it consists of many tiled textures, detail maps for decals (dirt) and so on. So youll be having a hard

time finding all the correct ones... If you want to practice applying a texture, create a simple model and a texture yourself :)

• Like 1

Buildings uses Multimaterial Shader.

Basically, you have a mask map like this one (not finished, just for the example)

7HI2eTi.jpg

then in your rvmat, for Black, Red, Green and Blue you associate textures

Stage 0 : texture you want to see on black parts of your mask

Stage11 : normal map for your stage 0

Stage 1 : texture you want to see on red parts of your mask

Stage12 : normal map for your stage 1

Stage 2 : texture you want to see on green parts of your mask

Stage13 : normal map for your stage 2

Stage 3 : texture you want to see on red parts of your mask

Stage14 : normal map for your stage 3

TexGens before Stages allow you to define the tilling, how many times you want to repeat the material on X, Y and Z

Notice the

PixelShaderID="Multi";
VertexShaderID="Multi";

at the top of the rvmat

Then, ingame, you get this ugly house

xfbPCkc.jpg

So you will have to create a rvmat, apply it to your faces (there is a texture replacement tool in Object Builder) and tweak the mask map, maybe by reimporting the model and the mask in another 3d program and by painting directly on it.

• Like 1