Sign in to follow this  
Jgbroz

Connection with host has been lost.

Hi,

I've been having issues joining a large majority of servers at the moment specifically ones running mods despite using A3 launcher and downloading and enabling mods manually myself. While joining most servers I receive the message connection with host host has been lost and I get booted back to the main menu. This can be seen in the video listed below. I initially went to the CCG forum page and made a thread there but had no real success. http://customcombatgaming.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28100-connection-with-host-has-been-lost-searched-online-for-answers-for-hours/

Actions I have taken so far:

- Reinstalled the game

- Reinstalled all mods manually and through A3 launcher

- Launched the maps in single player prior to joining.

- Deleting and then validating several folders such as my profiles and addons etc.

- A factory reset of my computer in between the CCG post and now.

- Also used the CCG launcher for a CCG specific server (this attempt is seen in a video below)

- The idea initiated as an ISP blocking the game servers are incorrect as friends with the same ISP are able to join the servers with little error.

Anomalies: I was able to load into a wasteland server earlier today before installing any mods on tanoa but then when trying to join an exile Chernarus server that same day I occured the same error I had several months ago. 

If you require any additional information or have any advice i'm willing to provide and follow. Please help me out. 

Going to throw in this RPT file copy pasta if anybody in the future would need it. (Sorry for the unnecessary post still trying to get used to using forums)

https://pastebin.com/WDznYRFq

Standout line I found was:

20:42:24 Deinitialized shape [Class: "C_Soldier_VR_F"; Shape: "a3\characters_f_bootcamp\common\vr_soldier_f.p3d";]
20:42:24 Deinitialized shape [Class: "B_Soldier_F"; Shape: "a3\characters_f\blufor\b_soldier_01.p3d";]
20:42:24 c:\w\stable\futura\lib\network\networkserver.cpp ClearNetServer:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!
20:42:27 Extensions:

Anomaly: WAS ABLE TO JOIN 2 EXILE SERVERS IN SUCCESSION WITH A 5 MINUITE TIME GAP. AFTER A SERVER RESET I WAS NO LONGER ABLE TO JOIN ANYMORE EXILE SERVERS.

Upodates:

- Also affects non-exile servers

Going to throw in this RPT file copy pasta if anybody in the future would need it. \

https://pastebin.com/WDznYRFq

Standout line I found was:

20:42:24 Deinitialized shape [Class: "C_Soldier_VR_F"; Shape: "a3\characters_f_bootcamp\common\vr_soldier_f.p3d";]
20:42:24 Deinitialized shape [Class: "B_Soldier_F"; Shape: "a3\characters_f\blufor\b_soldier_01.p3d";]
20:42:24 c:\w\stable\futura\lib\network\networkserver.cpp ClearNetServer:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!
20:42:27 Extensions:

Have you tried turning your firewall off? Resetting you router etc?

2 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Have you tried turning your firewall off? Resetting you router etc?

Done both no changes

50 minutes ago, Jgbroz said:

Done both no changes

Can you join a normal vanilla server?

Just now, R0adki11 said:

Can you join a normal vanilla server?

Just attempted to join a wasteland server with the same error occuring but let me try again anyway.

1 minute ago, Jgbroz said:

Just attempted to join a wasteland server with the same error occuring but let me try again anyway.

Where are you based? (country wise). Try and connect to a server on the same continent 

3 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Where are you based? (country wise). Try and connect to a server on the same continent 

I'm in the UAE but my friends using the same ISP are able to connect to the servers with 0 issues.

Just now, Jgbroz said:

I'm in the UAE but my friends using the same ISP are able to connect to the servers with 0 issues.

ok - do other games work when connecting to servers? i only ask as if you get issues with other games, but not browsing the web. Then it could be an issue with you ISP.

Just now, R0adki11 said:

ok - do other games work when connecting to servers? i only ask as if you get issues with other games, but not browsing the web. Then it could be an issue with you ISP.

I can play other games such as CS:GO, Overwatch and so on with no issue at all. Slight update I was able to connect to a wasteland stratis server just now after recieving the error message once. 

Are you using a cabled network or wifi/mifi, btw?

Just now, ozzbik said:

Are you using a cabled network or wifi/mifi, btw?

Cabled

Did you turn off the firewall on the router as well? IP Flood Detection has been a problem for Arma connections before.

Just as a test btw, (Firewall should be used)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozzbik said:

Did you turn off the firewall on the router as well? IP Flood Detection has been a problem for Arma connections before.

Would I be better off setting up a DMZ?

Not for a client, Only if you would be hosting.
Just check if there's a setting IP Flood detection and try your connection after changing that setting to off.

What is the make and model of your modem? Maybe it's located under Denial of Service?

make sure you have disabled windows firewall, the reason for that:

this firewall is a joke, most of time it disturbes more than it would help and anybody with real bad intensions can disable/overpass this firewall in seconds.

try to disable the IPv6 protocoll there are still some routers and or ISP's arround that can struggle with this.

• Like 1

may sounds stupid but update the drivers of your network device

Just now, maquez said:

Will give it a shot

2 minutes ago, maquez said:

My network adapter drivers are up to date.

did read through the post you linked :

http://customcombatgaming.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28100-connection-with-host-has-been-lost-searched-online-for-answers-for-hours/

for me it looks like a problem from ISP's side try to contact them and explain your problem

I have a second residence in vietnam and there are certain servers I can not connect,

simply because the connection would be to far (internet in vietnam in certain parts sometimes weak).

Just now, maquez said:

did read through the post you linked :

http://customcombatgaming.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28100-connection-with-host-has-been-lost-searched-online-for-answers-for-hours/

for me it looks like a problem from ISP's side try to contact them and explain your problem

Okay will try but from my understanding surely this issue wouldn't be isolated with just me then but rather anybody being supplied with there service. 

the message connection lost means your client did loose connection with target server

and as I described above this can happen depends heavy on infrastructure of internet in the part of the country where you live.

also do most servers ditch the connection if this takes a too long time