paranoid_giraffe

[SOLVED] Some CUP CORE Models Not Showing in Buldozer

First of all, thanks to all who contributed to CUP and JBad. You guys did some awesome work.

I'm making a scene if afghanistan, and for some reason when I am in TB, a lot of the models extracted from the CUP CORE mod don't show up in buldozer. I find this strange since JBAD models of the same items do show up. I want my map to have CUP core dependencies rather than JBAD dependencies since CUP is a bit more ubiquitous in people's mod lists. So then I figured I'd just build everything in eden and export it to TB, but not all models are available. For example, the mud walls in takistan are not available to put down in the editor, and are also invisible in buldozer. 

Any way to fix?

EDIT:

more specifically, is there any better standard workflow than unpacking and importing object libraries?

As workaround you can download the A2 mlod models BI provides and/or unpack A2 pbos and use them for placing in TB and preview in buldozer. This won't affect the finals result in A3 when your terrain is loaded alongside with CUP

3 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

As workaround you can download the A2 mlod models BI provides and/or unpack A2 pbos and use them for placing in TB and preview in buldozer. This won't affect the finals result in A3 when your terrain is loaded alongside with CUP

I did try that. I downloaded the A2 models (structures, more specifically) and unpacked them. I placed them in my project drive, and those are also not visible just like the CUP models. I am at my wit's end trying to remedy this issue. I don't know why but unpacking JBAD worked fine. If I absolutely have to use JBAD as a dependency, I will, but I don't want to force people to download it when most of the same content is available in the CUP download, a download which most people probably already have.

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately I couldn't get it to work. Also, I do not own A2. Jumped on board when A3 alpha'd

I just realized that there is the Public Data Pack, then the Licensed Data Pack. I was using the arma 2 Public Data downloads. Are those devoid of the proper files?

Would I fare better using the licensed data pack? Do those have the proper textures, mlods, etc, to make buldozer use them correctly?

I didn't even realize there were two separate packs and have probably been trying to do it wrong the whole time.

Have you extracted and added all the CUP folders to your P:\ ? There should be a ca, CUP and dbe1 folders.

So after unpacking all of the PBOs, I need to go into each folder and put the ca, CUP, or dbe1 folders in the P:\ as in P:\ca?

My current configuration is P:\cup_stuff\core\cup_terrains_ca_structures_e\ca

58 minutes ago, paranoid_giraffe said:

So after unpacking all of the PBOs, I need to go into each folder and put the ca, CUP, or dbe1 folders in the P:\ as in P:\ca?

My current configuration is P:\cup_stuff\core\cup_terrains_ca_structures_e\ca

That's why it's all going wrong, the paths are set in stone! The objects looks for it files in exact places like ca\misc, by you putting it in cup_stuff it can't find what it's looking for.

I'm guessing you have extract pbo, so easy way is

Find command prompt by using windows search, type in the command window

extractpbo path\to\the\cup\pbo P:\

If you path\to has spaces type it like this

extractpbo "path\to\the\cup pbo" P:\

So mine for example is 
extractpbo "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\@CUP Terrains - Core" P:\

This will extract everything where it's meant to go

• Like 4

Glad it worked! :smile_o:

On 2/8/2017 at 7:26 AM, RoF said:

Glad it worked! :smile_o:

Was wondering, RoF, I have been struggling with Land class issues for a while, will unpacking CUP in the way you described also solve these issues with PBOProject?  I've been using the Arma example content unpacked but I'm not sure if I have everything in the right place.  Let me know if you know, thanks

8 hours ago, l4z0rr0b0tz said:

Was wondering, RoF, I have been struggling with Land class issues for a while, will unpacking CUP in the way you described also solve these issues with PBOProject?  I've been using the Arma example content unpacked but I'm not sure if I have everything in the right place.  Let me know if you know, thanks

It might fix it for you. But what would fix it for sure, is the paid version of mikeros tools! It auto ignores or does something (I'm not sure lol) so you don't get it anymore. If you are really into terrain making, it's well worth getting

Update your pboProject, it should fix the land_xx stuff even in the free version iirc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lappihuan said:

Update your pboProject, it should fix the land_xx stuff even in the free version iirc.

Last update was 08/31/2016, it never fixed the errors for me and was one of the reasons that got me to upgrade. I also don't think the free version works with the new p3d type