Short backround:

Me and 2 of my friends have been playing Arma series (from original Flashpoint) in every LAN-party we had. None of us have been playing these games in internet (no idea why), we'll not much anyways. Novadays we don't have LAN-parties as often as in kids (all +-30 years). So I'd have this idea to make a full cooperative campaign including the best missions from all games for our next LAN. Nostalgia for the win! And for extra twist I'll put us three in all of the missions and make some background story how we end up in all of the conflicts.

So the campaign starts from 1982 Resistance and ends up in 2035 Apex protocol, when our 3 main characters are about 70 years old and still get dragged in to fighting.

I'm not going to include all of the missions. And some missions like OFP's Desert ambush is just old MP-mission which is somehow integrated to the story (too legendary mission to pass!).

Planned/finished so far:

Reunite

- Short mission in Tanoa, where all 3 reunite after many years [ALMOST COMPLETE]

Resistance

- Invasion (escape from Lipany, you can see Troska fleeing too, same idea as original mission, but alternative perspective) [ALMOST COMPLETE]

More memories

- Short side mission in "present day"

Flashpoint

- Desert ambush (not sure the date, maybe I'll put it between '82 and '85, more or less as original) [COMPLETE]

- Flashpoint [COMPLETE]

- Combined Arms [COMPLETE]

- Camping [COMPLETE]

- Alert [COMPLETE]

- Montignac must fall [COMPLETE]

- After Montignac [COMPLETE]

These first OFP missions are pretty much identical to originals.

After peaceful years

- Short side mission

ArmA

- Seize the base (probably our most played coop-mission (original and variations), have to include this classic, slight changes) [ALMOST COMPLETE]

Queens Gambit

Arma II

- Into the storm (slight changes) [IN PROGRESS]

- Harvest red (slight changes) [IN PROGRESS]

- Razor two 

First A2 missions are pretty close to originals.

Operation Arrowhead

Havent started yet.

Arma III

Havent started yet.

Apex Protocol

Havent started yet.

Addon/mod list:

• RHS (all)
  • East vs West
  • CUP (all)
  • FinMod (for some old FDF missions)
  • Podagorsk (FDF)
  • ASCZ_Heads
  • zir_headpack1

Comment if you'll have a suggestion or how do you like the idea.

All release all missions in here if someone else wants to use them or edit or whatever.

• Like 1

What's Bohemia's take on the original mission assets? Like sound files? Is it okay to release them with the missions?

On 2/2/2017 at 8:10 AM, jonilahtinen said:

What's Bohemia's take on the original mission assets? Like sound files? Is it okay to release them with the missions?

Fair game as long as you aren't monetizing it.  Bohemia does not like it if you sell their copyrighted material.  However, using game assets for missions to make the game fun is fine.

3 hours ago, stuguy said:

Fair game as long as you aren't monetizing it.  Bohemia does not like it if you sell their copyrighted material.  However, using game assets for missions to make the game fun is fine.

Awesome. I thought so seeing all the old terrains etc converted to Arma 3.

2 hours ago, ESM_Flash-Ranger said:

Hi,

I like the idea. I'm am actually doing the same thing but on the PvP side of things ! More info here :

And you can find a remake of the campaign already being built here :

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756113314

Very nice, thanks for the heads up.

Ok, few updates and the story so far.

Main characters: John, oldest of the three, also most anti-war. Mike, a few years younger truck driver. Jack, a security expert and gun collector.

Invasion [original mission]

First there is an intro cutscene introducing the island of Nogova. After initial showcase the intro show's one of the main characters house. The three friends watch tv, as the announcement of the National coalition's collapse. Next day, when at work, the invasion occurs. They escape from their office in Lipany, back to the house. They try to figure out, how they can get out the whole situation. Later a wounded resistance fighter with soviet troops on his tail come to lay low. The 3 friends save the resistance fighters life by shooting the patrol with hunting rifle, after the soviets threat's to kill them if they don't give the fugitive up. After the incident they find temporary resitance camp to go hiding.

- Some missions from Resistance campaign

After their business destroyed, the 3 guys have enlisted and get to involved another soviet invasion.

- Cold war campaign (Armstrong missions + desert ambush + few original missions)

Warmer climate [original mission]

Starts with cutscene where John's doorbell rings. He seems to live in humble apartment. After rew years not seeing each other, Mike and Jack have come with business proposition to John, there would be easy money to be made if they found a military training company and use their knowledge to train others. John is reluctant at first, but is persuaded to come aboard. They have already made contract with relatively peaceful island of Sahrani, where US is about to send troops to do the same thing, training local forces. In the end of the cutscene we'll see the Sahrani and the 3 guys enjoying on the beach.

Few years passes, until one day the local police needs help with arrest. The police is about to bust multiple locations at the same time to end local crime organisation and need help due lack of manpower. The operation seems like a success at first, but later they discover that, princess Isabella of Sahrani has been captured by criminals and sold to northern Sahrani.

Rescue [original mission]

The 3 guys are persuaded to go on a rescue mission. The mission is supposed to be simple get-in get-out and extraction, but they are sold out and captured by the SLA.

Escape [original mission]

Big openworld mission, where objective is to get back to Southern Sahrani.

- Tensions grow, and leads to Armed Assault campaign.

To be continued, when I'll get more missions done.