Sign in to follow this  
HeroesandvillainsOS

Are PBO's packed with "PBO Manager" still supported by Arma 3?

Odd question guys. I'm wondering, if I pack a mission with PBO Manager, would that binarized file still be supported by the platform? It's a pretty old program.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

In one of my release threads, someone posted an error which I'm *fairly* sure is related to binarization. I guess whether it is or isn't (it probably isn't, I think they need to update some mods) I should know the answer to this question regardless. I pack up a lot of mission files.

They all load fine locally for me, but I guess I can't know if other computers will have problems with these files unless someone either knows the answer or tries loading something I pack up.

I know BIS updates their Tools program a lot. PBO Manager isn't actively being developed I don't think so I'm not sure if what the platform supports for binarized files can change. 

Thanks @Gunter Severloh

If I'm switching programs, would it make more sense just to use Arma Tools? I've never tried packing a PBO with it, but it does that, right?

I really don't know anything about the actual process of what happens behind the scenes when packing and unpacking occurs. It just dawned on me yesterday that as the platform updates, it might make sense that the game might occasionally alter the kind of files it recognizes.

And considering PBO Manager isn't actively being supported, it also made me wonder if it's packing/unpacking process is still entirely valid.

5 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

If I'm switching programs, would it make more sense just to use Arma Tools?

I guess, idk, i've only ever used pbomanager and eliteness and never had any issues for either one.

I also use unrap---> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=411

to open config bins which works good too.

• Like 1

I use Eliteness to unpack and I still use cPbo to pack...works great and I love the right click and pack option..really easy and quick.

Diesel

I actually had an issue with PBO manager the other day.  It kept giving me a compile error.  Used Addon Builder, the PBO packed just fine and worked in game.  I think PBO manager is good for viewing the contents of a PBO and extracting individual files from PBO's but I think as BI tools are updated and improved, PBO manager will get to a point where it's unreliable.

Scott out 

• Like 1