thoops99

Combining Maps

Hello everyone, I have a question that has been bothering me for quite some time now. I have completely redone the kelleysisland map and i think it looks really good and my community that i made it for really likes it too. The only complaint is that its too small. I have added a whole extra island to it but it still seems a little small. I was wondering if there was a way i could combine my version of kelleysisland with Lakeside (AppleGate (or whatever its call)). Since i have the source files for both wouldn't i just be able to add them together some how? Any info is appreciated.

There is no easy way to do so. Might work if you use L3DT but i dont know how to combine different heightfield as this will be the most important thing. Combining different Attribute-maps or satellite can easily be done via Photoshop etc.

L3DT offers the option to merge heightfields. Perhaps you take a closer look at this tutorial:
http://www.bundysoft.com/wiki/doku.php?id=tutorials:l3dt:stitching_heightmaps

4 hours ago, Cosmo_D41 said:

There is no easy way to do so. Might work if you use L3DT but i dont know how to combine different heightfield as this will be the most important thing. Combining different Attribute-maps or satellite can easily be done via Photoshop etc.

L3DT offers the option to merge heightfields. Perhaps you take a closer look at this tutorial:

Thanks for your reply ill look into it

I have found that l3dt uses gray scale for elevation data.  I did some playing around with different shades and what elevations they produced and it worked like I thought.  If you were to export your hightfield data from the two projects, use GIMP/PS to cut/paste what you want, that may work.  If you pulled the masks and sat images too and cut/paste from the same places, that may speed up the process with the rest.  Just a thought.  I have never done it myself.  

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:10 AM, Cosmo_D41 said:

not quite true. you can create multiple mapframes in terrain builder and place the different terrains in each of the mapframes. A great example is all the CWR2 terrains. Bushlurker had shown me a version with every one in a separate mapframe. You need to figure out a good heightmap and cell size combination to keep the terrain proportionate though.

• Like 1

There is a merge heightfield option in L3DT too. You can use that and an offset to combine it. You can also make yourself a black/white mask in Photoshop, save that as BMP and enter that in L3DT to filter out what gets imported if required. 

• Like 1