Sign in to follow this  
DragoFire

A-6 series of 2/4 man aircraft

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Sharpshooter @ Nov. 21 2002,07:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">DragoFire I have sent you a PM, I have the same problem. Moreover the bombs don´t show up.

As I didn´t send you any screenshots I asume you are not talking about me, so check your PM inbox.<span id='postcolor'>

Found problem!!!  wink.gif

Change the following

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

magazine= "mk82";

magazines[]= {Mk_82_2, Mk_82_6, Mk_82_12, Mk_82_24, Mk_82_28, MK_81_2, Mk_81_6, MK_81_12, Mk_81_22 ,MK_81_28, Mk_83_2, Mk_83_3, Mk_83_6, Mk_83_8, Mk_83_10, Mk_83_13, MK_84_1, Mk_84_2, Mk_84_3, Mk_84_4, Mk_84_5};<span id='postcolor'>

to

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

magazine= "mk82";

magazines[]= {Mk_82_2, Mk_82_6, Mk_82_12, Mk_82_24, Mk_82_28, MK_81_2, Mk_81_6, MK_81_12, Mk_81_24 ,MK_81_28, Mk_83_2, Mk_83_3, Mk_83_6, Mk_83_8, Mk_83_10, Mk_83_13, MK_84_1, Mk_84_2, Mk_84_3, Mk_84_4, Mk_84_5};<span id='postcolor'>

DragoFire

PS.

I can make a new PBO if required with the change.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DragoFire @ Nov. 20 2002,22:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">PS.

I can make a new PBO if required with the change.

<span id='postcolor'>

Please do as I am unable to decompress it with DEpbo or PBOTool.

We´ll continue by Private Message...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (viper42 @ Nov. 23 2002,00:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">realese this weekend?confused.gif?? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry Viper, not this weekend.

I've got about 6 freinds beta testing the first beta version.

The next one will be a general public beta release. This well contain @4 payload versions of the A-6E Intruder. The closed beta only has a light bomber in it.

DragoFire

Screen capture of current model in game. There are still some issues I'm working on, eg. MK84 payload proxy problem, flaps/radder animation problem, etc...

update2711.jpg

A-6E's from left to right, Mk82, Mk81, Mk84, Mk81 & Mk82 payloads (everyone except the MK81's don't load in OFP!wink.gif

DragoFire

Just so long as they actually load up with 1.90 patch keep working hard. If you could get those things to load up with 1.46 as well you'd be in business.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Nov. 28 2002,02:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just so long as they actually load up with 1.90 patch keep working hard.  If you could get those things to load up with 1.46 as well you'd be in business.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm currently using 1.90 myself.

DragoFire

Have fixed a few more issues with the base A-6E model, and have been doing some inhouse testing of the new model.

Taxi'ing onto runway.

testflight.jpg

I've also been testing the NAP capability of the A-6E and have manage to keep it below the 100m mark and even under the 50m mark.

Below 50m's it pays to watch where your flying and not anything else, as you'll crash in a big way.

nap2.jpg

Flying 483km/h at a height of 22m's

nap3.jpg

Flying 438km/h at a height of 14m's

nap4.jpg

Another flyby 438km/h at a height of 14m's

I hope this helps tie you guys over for a few more day.

DragoFire

I've just released a beta of the Intruder bomber (mk81 armed) to the public. See Topic here!

pbeta1.jpg

There are of cause a few things that haven't been complete yet on this addon.

pbeta2.jpg

This aircraft is a subsonic attack craft it can do NAP flying very well if handled by a good pilot wink.gif , but the AI's not good a flying below 100m's and tend to crash a bit! confused.gif

pbeta3.jpg

As you can see I've managed to fly below the 50m mark and have even got down to below 25m's at 483km/h ( only thing is at this speed and height you have watch what your doing) wink.gif

DragoFire

Hey man, can u post more screen shots of the plane..id like to see the proportions and everything.

cheers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deadsoldier @ Nov. 28 2002,22:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey man, can u post more screen shots of the plane..id like to see the proportions and everything.

cheers<span id='postcolor'>

Here's a scale example of the A-6E with other Aircraft.

If you look through my other posts you find there's a large number of image of the A-6E, through item development.

scale.jpg

DragoFire

i downloaded the beta...looks good..but somehow i feel the cockpit is huge..cause the pilots look too smal in it..or maybe the plane is a little bit over scale. I hope these textures aren;t final. You should add some part lines..some dirt...some stains on it. This will bring it to life.. cause the model looks good.

cheers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deadsoldier @ Nov. 29 2002,16:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i downloaded the beta...looks good..but somehow i feel the cockpit is huge..cause the pilots look too smal in it..or maybe the plane is a little bit over scale. I hope these textures aren;t final. You should add some part lines..some dirt...some stains on it. This will bring it to life.. cause the model looks good.

cheers<span id='postcolor'>

The cockpit interial is still in the works as I've a very limited number of photo of this area. But the plane is to scale ( this took me a full week to get right). The cockpit just needs to be filled now.

The textures are only test textures at the moment.

DragoFire

Till I find the cause of the weapons not showing, the A-6E public beta will stay at the point it is at.

confused.gif

DragoFire

Have fixed weapon problem and here's a few screen captures for you all.

hb1.jpg

hb2.jpg

hb3.jpg

Have fixed a few things, the cockpit is still being worked on at the moment. I'm also looking into adding folding wings (mainly for use with carriers when one's done). Still trying to also get a working turret going for the Gunner sights and laserdes.

At the moment I've made five payload models;

Rocket Gunship ( carries 6 LAU-10 5inch FFAR launchers, each holding 4 rockets & 6 LAU-61 2.75inch FFAR launchers, each holding 19 rockets)

rocketg.gif

Heavy Rocket Bomber ( carries 6 LAU-10 5inch FFAR launchers, each holding 4 rockets & 8 Mk-83 1000lbs freefall bombs)

hrb.gif

Attack Bomber (  carries 14 Mk-83 1000lbs freefall bombs)

ab.gif

Heavy Bomber ( carries 5 Mk-84 2000lbs freefall bombs)

WARNING DO NOT DROP BOMBS BELOW 100M, AS BLAST WILL DAMAGE YOUR AIRCRAFT!!

hb.gif

Intruder Bomber ( carries 28 Mk-81 250lbs freefall bombs)

Note: I'm going to change this payload to Mk-82's in the next beta release

ib.gif

I've upload these for everone the beta test, while I keep working on the cockpit and a few other special things for the A-6E's.  wink.gif  wink.gif  wink.gif

DragoFire

beta intruder file

I wish that the tracer's would (could) be changed though

I wanna see some Flight of the Intruder attacks

I've been chatting with "Sefe" (many thanks), and with his advise I've got the wings folding. They do need a little bit of a tidy up, but with this "new" knownledge" I'll be adding the tailhook and a couple of other features.

Here's it in action;

wing1.gif

wing2.gif

wing3.gif

And the real thing;

A6WS.jpg

I hope that what I've found is of help to others.

DragoFire

Looks awesome smile.gif ! If only there was a carrier to launch it from this'd be heaven biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Dec. 11 2002,14:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Looks awesome smile.gif !  If only there was a carrier to launch it from this'd be heaven biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I've even got an idea on how to cataput the A-6E off an carrier once there's one available. And still thinking about how to get the tailhook to work when touch-down happens.

DragoFire

Have added two more payloads to the A-6E;

AGM-65F Maverick (Naval non-laser guided version)

AGM-45 Skrike

Working on the following things;

Tail-hook

Cockpit

Mk-77 (Napalm bomb)

Mk-20 Redeye (cluster bomb)

GBU-10/12/16 Paveway II's(2k/500/1k lbs laser guided bombs)CBU-78 Gator (antitank/antipersonnel mine deplorer bomb

AGM-84 Harpoon (anti-ship missile)

Radar Jammers

and other nice things for everyone

DragoFire

Really nice DragoFire m8 wink.gif

When will you update the beta with the new version with the napalm bomb and the wings looks very promising m8 keep up the good work xmas.gif

And DragoFire m8 it seems everyone is scared to make a Aircraft Carrier you have good moddeling skills m8 why don't you make after you A-6 project m8 wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ExtracTioN @ Dec. 16 2002,19:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Really nice DragoFire m8 wink.gif

When will you update the beta with the new version with the napalm bomb and the wings looks very promising m8 keep up the good work xmas.gif

And DragoFire m8 it seems everyone is scared to make a Aircraft Carrier you have good moddeling skills m8 why don't you make after you A-6 project m8 wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Been toying with the idea of making an carrier, complete with air-defence weapon systems, radars, etc... and utility vehicles (I'll make those first for the Airports).

Anyhow if I don't catch you'll before Xmas, "all the best"

DragoFire xmas.gif