Sign in to follow this  
ACE_FOFA

Deadly spent cartridges

I did a bit of editing to the stock M4 by adding the GL, have a look at the pic and you might notice Ive run into some trouble....... the bullets shoot out the case ejection port!!!!

m4socom.jpg

owel back to drawing board, I dont think it is a config.cpp error, and didnt rotate anything in O2, hmmmmmmmm

Take a look at your Memory properties, its very simple to fix.

And don't use dePBO to extract the models =)

This messes up the Memory LOD which is stored last in the weapons models. THus you have to fix it in O2 afterwards. Use PBOTool 1.01 instead. It handles (at least the demo) model extraction better.

/HuBBa

Thankya, I hadnt heard of Memory properties yet, and indeed was using a 10month old copy of DePBO!!!!!!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Seventh @ May 03 2002,07:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Take a look at your Memory properties, its very simple to fix.<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry, I opened my new Mp5a4 in O2 (I have the same problem) but i not found the memory lod in the weapon. Where i can find it? Or how i can fix the bug?

Ok. here's how to make memory LOD's for weapons who lack them.

1.st make sure you have one LOD named Memory. It's one of the preset ones so just add new LOD, then click on the LOD name so the LOD Popup appears and select Memory.

2.nd. you need 5 selection groups. they are as follows.

konec hlavne

usti hlavne

nabojniceend

nabojnicestart

zbran

To make them, make a point at the START of the barrel, select it and make a new selection group named usti hlavne

then make a new point at the END of the barrel, make a new selection group and name that konec hlavne.

Do till you have all groups done and then the weapon should fire correctly.

the english names for the different points are:

konec hlavne Barrel end

usti hlavne Barrel start

nabojniceend Casing (eject) end

nabojnicestart Casing (eject) start

zbran Weapon (this one should have ALL points grouped together).

Hope this helps. Check the existing weapons to see how it works. (the casing end & starts define where the casings are thrown out and what direction)

/HuBBa

Hi, i tryied to resolve the bug (i've added the memory lod). Now the smoke come's from the right place, but now you can't kill any enemy whit the weapon.

This is what I see in the game or better what i not see:www.stcracing.com\Sc1.jpg

What I must do???

"ZBRAN"(Cz) means GROUPED = selfexplanatory....

This problem of yours smells like badly extracted P3D file!!!

Hubba, when you get his .p3d, check the last bits of the file - if they are all there (compare to another fully functional p3d) tounge.gif

FlipeR

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FlipeR @ May 04 2002,23:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

Yes but I've tryied to use Pbo tool and it has the same problem.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Indy @ May 05 2002,10:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

Ok I found where the bug was.

Now I'm using the x-pack utility whit the PBO-tool.

Thanks to all what have tryied to help me