Sign in to follow this  
Gen.Carnage

Rotating radar on turret...

Hello,

i have this ADATS system i am currently working on, and have its radar rotating on its turret.

But i dont seem to be able to make its rotation axis traverse along with the turret.

Can this be fixed? am i doing something wrong or is this impossible in the ofp engine?

the radar axis is called osa_radar, the radar is called ukaz_radar, and it is included in the otocvez group, both the selection and the axis, also in the memory lod i have done that.

Would be a real shame if this is impossible because it looks excellent!

radar.jpg

Hm, good question. On the Shilka the radar does not rotate either. I guess you got the rotation-radar selections from the boats. But on the boats they don't have the radar on a turret.

On the first view it seems as if it is not possible. But I'm not sure. If your interlocking (radar and radar axis inherit turret selection) is correctly, it should work...

Sorry, but I cannot help you on that. Besides, nice model you have done.

Till later, PSC

good work carni,

There is no boat in the demo version of ofp so it would be almost impossible to find out the lods unless bis can help you out. I dont have access to my comp nor the other 4 in my house as everything is packed ready to be shipped to california so im not really any help to many people without my comp... im at school atm so i dont have any free space on the network to dl the demo.

I hope you get it fixed soon because its looking very nice; other than the textures need a lot of sharpening.

Damn fine looking model there. Is it possible to change the picture of the tank in the damage/facing display? It'll look kinda weird if it's showing a tank.

i dont know, maybe u noticed that many later addons from BIS all were using the same icon in the top left?

but anyway, good point... i would like to know that too.

QUOTE:

--------------

If your interlocking (radar and radar axis inherit turret selection) is correctly, it should work...

---------------

I think this is the idea. followup with the above suggestion.

Capt Moore