this addaction ["LIGHT OFF",{(light01), 
light01 setlightcolor [0,0,0]}];
this addaction ["Intenzita 1",{(light01), 
light01 setlightbrightness 0.2}];
this addaction ["Intenzita 2",{(light01), 
light01 setlightbrightness 0.6}];
this addaction ["Intenzita 3",{(light01), 
light01 sesetLightBrightness 1}];

Everything works fine, but in multiplayer nobody see my changes.
some solution please?

if (isServer) then {

light01 = "#lightpoint" createvehicle (position LAMP01);  

light01 attachTo [LAMP01, [0,0,0.1]];

publicVariable "light01";

};

light01 setlightbrightness 0.5;  

light01 setlightcolor [1,0.6,0.4];

this addaction ["LIGHT ON",{[light01, [1,0.6,0.4]] remoteExec ["setlightcolor", [0, -2] select isDedicated, light01]}];

this addaction ["LIGHT OFF",{ [light01, [0,0,0]] remoteExec ["setlightcolor", [0, -2] select isDedicated, light01]}];

this addaction ["Intenzita 1",{[light01, 0.2] remoteExec ["setlightbrightness", [0, -2] select isDedicated, light01]}];

this addaction ["Intenzita 2",{[light01, 0.6] remoteExec ["setlightbrightness", [0, -2] select isDedicated, light01]}];

this addaction ["Intenzita 3",{[light01, 1] remoteExec ["setlightbrightness", [0, -2] select isDedicated, light01]}];

if (isServer) then {
    light01 = "#lightpoint" createvehicle (position LAMP01);  
    light01 attachTo [LAMP01, [0,0,0.1]];
    publicVariable "light01";
};

light01 setlightbrightness 0.5;  
light01 setlightcolor [1,0.6,0.4];
this addaction ["LIGHT ON",{[light01, [1,0.6,0.4]] remoteExec ["setlightcolor", [0, -2] select isDedicated, light01]}];
this addaction ["LIGHT OFF",{ [light01, [0,0,0]] remoteExec ["setlightcolor", [0, -2] select isDedicated, light01]}];
this addaction ["Intenzita 1",{[light01, 0.2] remoteExec ["setlightbrightness", [0, -2] select isDedicated, light01]}];
this addaction ["Intenzita 2",{[light01, 0.6] remoteExec ["setlightbrightness", [0, -2] select isDedicated, light01]}];
this addaction ["Intenzita 3",{[light01, 1] remoteExec ["setlightbrightness", [0, -2] select isDedicated, light01]}];

It does not work :(

It does not work :(

while light01 will be global object, all the properties you set on it regarding light are local, so not only you need to set them on every computer at the same time, you need to make sure they are synched for JIP players and user actions of players also synced. This is not a simple task I can tell you this.

@KK,

for the light (or flare in my case) is it like this

1- Create the flare in server ( _flare)

2- Call remote exec to set the properties, i.e. [_flare, 2000] remoteExec ["setLightFlareMaxDistance", 0,true];

I think it will not work so as argument needs to be local right? so createVehicleLocal needs to be used instead of createVehicle and all the rest of the script needs to run at client (create, adjust properties etc.) for such flare situation?

@KK,

for the light (or flare in my case) is it like this

1- Create the flare in server ( _flare)

2- Call remote exec to set the properties, i.e. [_flare, 2000] remoteExec ["setLightFlareMaxDistance", 0,true];

I think it will not work so as argument needs to be local right? so createVehicleLocal needs to be used instead of createVehicle and all the rest of the script needs to run at client (create, adjust properties etc.) for such flare situation?

no 1, 2 should work fine, the problem is when you want to reset properties based on user actions

no 1, 2 should work fine, the problem is when you want to reset properties based on user actions

Why ?

Let the server handle this.

Creating light => Server Sends clients info === remoteExec target clients ===> Clients receive infos on lights 

Client actions === remoteExec target server ===> Server handle actions => Server broadcast light params === remoteExec target clients ===> Client receive params

while light01 will be global object, all the properties you set on it regarding light are local,

really? i always thought those classes with the # infront like particle sources too are local effects like cameras. did that change or am i suffering from faulty info?

really? i always thought those classes with the # infront like particle sources too are local effects like cameras. did that change or am i suffering from faulty info?

same with smokes, you can create it as global object, sort of like createTrigger with global flag works, but all the properties are local. Sometimes it is better to have global object, sometimes it is undesirable. I honestly do not know if this changed, but I'm glad there is an option to be able to do it either way.

• Like 1