Sign in to follow this  
Gen.Carnage

Jeep firing missiles

howcome it wont fire whenever the simulation "shotmissile" is used?

what can we do about it?

we need to unlock the setting that jeeps can only fire bullets, can anyone please dive into this, it really is necessary... badly!

currently working on a landrover with mounted towlauncher, the moment we change from shotbullet to shotmissile sim, it stops firing, the turret still moves, but it refuses to fire.....

c'mon.. i really need an answer to this!

dont say yet another great addon will go down the drain because of the blocked settings in config.bin?

have you looked through the commented config? there might be something in there that blocks the use of missiles on jeeps

Mhh, I would try to base the jeep on the tank instead of the car class. Dunno if it works.

in the commented config is a setting for a default car weapon... its the gun12_7 if im not mistaken... so we tried changing that default to at3launcher.... it just WILL NOT do it.

Oh it does put the missile on the jeep and all, i can get in the turret, i hear the reload sound at startup, but i cannot fire the &%@$!@ thing!

Also the "normal" scopeview you get when in a tank is not there.

I've also tried defining the landrover over the BMP, and completely replace all definitions back to the car's def's..... wow, the steering wheels work, the engine sound is there, but it wont drive OR fire!

larotow.jpg

this is what you are gonna have to miss out on, looks like...

sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Man oh man, I regret that I can't help out with your problems.

Just wanted to comment on the model. Shouldn't it be a bit longer? It looks so, I don't know, stuffed together. Or something. Just providing constructive criticism here =)

its probably the distorting of the image

heres another:

larotow2.jpg

the one in the background DOES work.. the standard .50cal machingun... sad.gif

Gen. Carnage, I have the same problem with the BTR-80. Cannot see "scope" view and stuff like that. I had the same idear to define it's class as a sub-class of BMP. I did not do it up to now, but if you say it kinda works, except that it does not driver, did you add a line like "simulation=car;"?

PSC

yes, and the moment i did the scopeview went and the missile refused to fire.

It all because certain areas of the config are blocked

(acess=readonlyverified)

We cannot define a completely new vehicle from zero, we cannot modify certain settings that need changing, this is why we HAVE to turn to BIS for these problems.

And they don't reply to anything anymore it seems.

My guess is that they aren't even in their office anymore.

A looong vacation is probably what they need after OFP:R =)

Anyway, if you BIS lads decide to come back, would it be at all possible to create some sort of feature that would let addon-makers fiddle with the config.cpp all they want?

As in, we can do pretty much everything.

Or does it involve a lot of bothersam coding with OFP itself?