pierremgi

voice changes after respawn

Hi,

This should be evident: keep the same voice (and pitch) after respawn.

It's not the case if you choose a voice in editor.

Is there any code to keep the voice of a player (in MP) after respawn?

Tks

Hi mate - you could add the character's identity to the config (where the pitch can be defined - I believe). Alternatively, you should be able to set the pitch from the description.ext too (though it might be worth checking to make sure it doesn't revert after respawn). Worst case scenario, you might need to make a report on the feedback tracker and add an eventHandler to the character (resetting the _x setPitch 0) as a temporary solution. See: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setPitch.

Interestingly, I've only just become aware of the fact that unit voice pitches are allocated randomly when not correctly defined myself :P

It didn't always used to be this way.

I must admit, I didn't think it was always thus either. However, a simple config entry should do the trick, or command in the unit's init. box. Naturally, if you feel it needs to be addressed, you could always create a ticket :)

So to bring this old post up. But having issues keeping editor head models and voices to carry over after respond of my units. I'm working on some alien mods with brog predator and a few other alien species but if I want the units to respond back into the mission the units convert back to the original voice and head models ?