Sign in to follow this  
Antichrist

Mi-26 and bmp

We're making Mi-26 cargo helicopter and I was just wondering if it is possible to make it so you can drive BMP inside and carry it. What should I write in config.cpp and what should I define in Mi-26 model?

It would bounch to hell, unless its a building. :\

Ofp can't support units "in" units. For a cutscene you could make the helo a building then show it going in but it would look quirky smile.gif

I think it is possible, but you must make the "hole" where you wan drive bmp in geometry and fire geometry LOD.. it may work,but I'm not sure..

Well, it has to do with what kind of units they are. And the fact that you can add cargo, driver and gunnier proxies to a vehicle which defines how the soldier model should look inside the vehicle.

Also note that you can't move around in vehicles, and you are actually just teleported into the vehicle when you select "Get in ... as ..."

If you dont try you+ll never know.... But I think that it wouldnt work very well - too much clipping(bouncing)! I was myself thinking of making an experiment with the CH47 - making its doors openable with the new OpenDoors function in Res., adapting the Geometry LOD and then trying to drive a jeep into it...but I had no time so far...

Try!

FlipeR