New version released.

Version 0.44
-Added customizable code template files (community wish-list).
-Added possibility to open files using drag and drop from file explorer (community wish-list).
-Minor improvements in code analyzer.
-Minor GUI fixes.
-Fixed: Stability issues.
-Fixed: File tab sometimes not opening when double clicking a node in the project tree.
-Fixed: Files that do not belong to project are analyzed as belonging to project.
-SQX: Fixed: Syntax Highlighting failed if identifiers contains underscores.
-SQX: Fixed: Types for null literals (objNull, grpNull, ...) were not handled correctly by the analyzer.

• Like 1

Great update, love the new template feature! I have been trying out CPack too which I must have a project made for that which is fine but, the issue is that I can't remove the project from the list it seems, even when I right click on it. I have to manually remove the path set in the Settings.xml file. Weird?

Hi

I don't quite get it. Why do you want to remove the project node from the left hand project tree view? Or is it the .tproj project file that you want to delete from the source folder?

The Settings.xml contains the last opened project, yes, but you remove that it will not affect your mission in any way. Only the startup project for the editor.

The idea with a project file is to keep structure of the source files of a mission. So the project file is intended to be created first (except for the mission.sqm) and then remain present until mission release (or even longer).

Can you add a collapse all into the main root tree?. I think this will be a nice feature, and... 

there's a way to add the .ext file to the project? now I need use another editor to edit this file outside from the Typesqf.

This project need a mandatory donation button to trow money in the face of "engima.

23 hours ago, HazJ said:

Great update, love the new template feature! I have been trying out CPack too which I must have a project made for that which is fine but, the issue is that I can't remove the project from the list it seems, even when I right click on it. I have to manually remove the path set in the Settings.xml file. Weird?

I'll provide a Close Project option in next update. Not a bad idea, and maybe that is what you ask for?

Sure! Would it also be possible to add a replace all words feature?

On 22 januari 2017 at 0:46 PM, djotacon said:

Can you add a collapse all into the main root tree?. I think this will be a nice feature, and... 

there's a way to add the .ext file to the project? now I need use another editor to edit this file outside from the Typesqf.

I think you can add other file types in version 0.44, but you cannot add them with drag and drop. Drag and drop and file filters are already added in next version to be relased.

11 hours ago, HazJ said:

Sure! Would it also be possible to add a replace all words feature?

Of course. It's now on the future tasks list! Thanks!

I try but say to me "this is not a sqf/sqx?? file".

I think will be a solution open the .ext as plain text file.

10 hours ago, djotacon said:

I try but say to me "this is not a sqf/sqx?? file".

I think will be a solution open the .ext as plain text file.

Are you dragging and dropping? That I know is not working. But I think that you can open if you open from the menu. I'm not sure, but in a few days I will release version 0.45, and then it will support all text formatted files as plain text files.

8 hours ago, engima said:

Are you dragging and dropping? That I know is not working. But I think that you can open if you open from the menu. I'm not sure, but in a few days I will release version 0.45, and then it will support all text formatted files as plain text files.

Dont work either, "this is not an sqf,sqx file" error again.

I think wait to a new release.

New version released.

Version 0.45

-Any type of text formatted file may now be opened in the TypeSqf Editor (but only .sqf and .sqx files are being syntax checked).

-Added automatic foldings for functions.

-Added manual foldings. Write "// #region [SomeName]" on start line and "// #endregion" on end line (like in SQX but in line comment).

-Added context menu options "Expand Sub nodes" and "Collapse Sub Nodes" in project view (community wish-list).

-Added menu option File->Close project (community wish-list).

-Fixed: Menu item File->Exit always disabled.

-Fixed: Functions and classes declared in other files not recognized on project startup (broke in 0.44).

-SQX: Added automatic foldings for namespaces, classes, constructors and methods.

-SQX: Added manual foldings. Write "#region [RegionName]" on start line and "#endregion" on end line

• Like 1

Nice update, thanks! Another suggestion: When I set default program for file type such as SQF to open TypeSqf, it doesn't open the file I select, just the program. I'm not sure if there is a commandline or something I need to add???

Nice update, thanks! Another suggestion: When I set default program for file type such as SQF to open TypeSqf, it doesn't open the file I select, just the program. I'm not sure if there is a commandline or something I need to add???

Edit:

Another small suggestion: Would it also be possible to add a setting to change the tab indentation number?

15 hours ago, HazJ said:

Edit:

Another small suggestion: Would it also be possible to add a setting to change the tab indentation number?

The Open File by Doubleclicking On File feature is just forgotten, and should not be to hard to add. I'l check on it.

The tab indentation is also on the TODO list. Just a question out of curiosity: how would you like to set it and why do you want to change from defaults?

Thanks for all suggestions!

• Like 1

Maybe have a simple Input/edit box in the settings somewhere? Just personal preference. I usually have mine set to 2 instead of 4.

Hey engima! Is this (see screenshot below) anything to worry about?

830dd815a2c4ecce27f731367d93762e.png

_primaryTargetRoute = getMissionConfig ("Duala_Uprising" >> "primaryTargetSettings" >> "primaryTargetRoute");

I took a lucky guess and did the following but I still got the warning.

_primaryTargetRoute = getMissionConfig ("Duala_Uprising" / "primaryTargetSettings" / "primaryTargetRoute");

Either way, can you explain more about it as I'm not sure why I am getting it or what it means exactly. Also, I was creating a new file today with the awesome recently added template feature and I thought of another idea:

I have three SQF template files, one for client, server and shared (also known as common I think). Why? I'm not exactly sure, it's kind of useless as the only thing really different is if statement check near the top. What I was wondering is, would it be possible for you to add some magic variables that I and others can use in the template file? %FILENAME% for example, this one would automatically replace itself with the name of the file when you press OK. You may be wondering when and how this would this be useful?

scriptName "****";

I can only think of this one at the moment but I am sure there are more ways this would be useful and beneficial, I just can't think how right now. I understand and know that very minimal effort is required to just type this in yourself but thought I'd suggest it anyway. If you do decide to do this, I wouldn't really bother if it's a complex or time consuming thing to do. Not unless the magic variables idea I mentioned can be expanded on, though it's completely up to you. Thanks again for creating TypeSqf, I love it! :)

I have read through that page but I still don't really understand. What am I doing wrong? Why am I getting this warning and what does it mean?

Means that the editor sintax checker thinks that you are trying to do a string concatenation using a wrong operator.