Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

No texture loaded & pac2pall error

I'm trying to finish this toturial ( http://ofp.info/brsseb/ really great toturial by the way) but when i get to the skinning part ( http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/brsseb/lesson1_d.htm ) i'm unable to load any texture (pac/paa) and if i try to convert one (gif,jpeg,tga) i get the "pac2pall error!".

In the toturial it says to select one side, go the front view and hit "A" to go into texture mode. Then right click and select load texture, then draw a box over the side and hit "B" to apply the texture. When i hit "B" a window pops up saying "no texture loaded". The only thing that appears in the texture window is "Unmapped 0x0 confused.gif". It doesnt matter what texture (pac/paa) i try to load, nothing works/loads.

If i try to load a none paa/pac texture (gif/jpg/tga) i get the "unable to convert texture,pac2pall error!".

I found a post that said :

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">go to your buldozer folder copy 2 files called pac2pal.dll and exe or somethig to your oxygen directory then run the exe file restart your computer and then try to load  <span id='postcolor'>

That didnt solve my pac2pall error.

Couple things of note...

Bulldozer isnt installed on a "virtual drive" (no idea how to do that).

Did a clean install of OFP ver1.0 to 1.75 without the other patches.

1. Is the gif/tga/jpg valid - a power of 2

64x128, 128 x 128, 256x128 or something like that?

also, does it convert jpgs? I know about gifs and tgas - you might have to convert a jpg iwith TexView (goto www.ofpec.com for that if you dont have it - it'll manually convert graphics to pqq/pac's)

I can convert valid files that are not in the same folder as viewer, O2 or any .dlls so if its not the image size I really dont know.

Yes all the images are "valid"( 64x128, 128 x 128, 256x128 )and o2 does convert jpgs (not for me tho). I already have texview but like i said i cant import any paa/pac files so its doesnt help.

Have you got the Original OFP: Cold War Crisis in the drive? I have 2 machines and when I leave the CD in the wrong one I get similar symptons - ie I try to load an image and nothing happens.

Resistance CD is not recognised as a valid CD.

Sorry if its not that, its all I can think of although O2 works better on 2000/NT/XP based Operating Systems.

copy pal2pac.dll and pal2pac.exe from buldozer folder to o2_light folder and run the exe now restart you computer and try again

it worked for me smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Maveric|< @ Sep. 19 2002,02:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes all the images are "valid"( 64x128, 128 x 128, 256x128 )and o2 does convert jpgs (not for me tho). I already have texview but like i said i cant import any paa/pac files so its doesnt help.<span id='postcolor'>

There are only GIF and TGA options in O2. I've never bothered with using JPEGs, mostly because they don't save alpha channels at all, so I can't verify this.

But, afaik, O2 poos all over .jpg files.

Maverick you figure this out yet? I get the exact same problem. No texture loaded, nothing in the texture window but "Unmapped". Sometimes I get a "Background mapping error- maybe invalid texture region specified or no texture is selected" error. Errors happen while working on that same tutorial...

I just tried loading a demo model, AFDum_mesto2.p3d in O2. Loaded fine, tried applying textures same way as outlined in tutorial. This time the texture names were in the texture window and same error when pressing "B" to apply "No Texture loaded...". All files are in subfolder of o2 viewer folder.

Ok, after much screwing around with the viewer and O2 options, and reading all the threads in these forums I noticed this thread

this is what helped me...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">WAIT. I just had an idea. All of you tried to copy the flashpoint.cfg, right?

Well, how many of you have OFP:R?

It's safe to assume that OFP:R alters the flashpoint.cfg file, and so far as I am aware OFP:R is not compatible with Buldozer.exe.

So, I suggest that you somehow get a hold of the flashpoint.cfg for the _original_ OFP, and copy that to the buldozer folder.

Man, I think that's it.<span id='postcolor'>

I used the flashpoint.cfg from the demo and moved my buldozer folder to a different drive. Everything works just like it should now.

Well..... i reinstalled OFP (ver 1.0), copied the flashpoint.cfg to the bulldozer/viewer folder. Didnt work.

Tried creating a folder for the addon files (p3d, paa/pac, cfg). Didnt work.

Already tried the pac2pal.exe and that also didnt work.

confused.gif Did i miss something?

I guess the only other thing to do is to move Bulldozer to another drive.... problem is i only have one HD. Anyone care to explain how i create a virtual drive?

P.S.

Is there anyway to reset O2light and bulldozer options? I deleted both of them and reinstalled but all the option were still the same.

You are using OFP:CWC CD's that are legal I assume?

Without the CD in the drive O2 gives me the symptoms you describe. I mentioned this b4 and its the only thing that you haven't posted here that you are doing - you might be doing it but you haven't actually said so.

I might be barking up the wrong tree but you have tried pretty much everything else (I assume so anyway - Buldozer in C:\ is it? etc)

If you figure it out please post your method back

Good luck smile.gif

Yes my CD's legit/original.

Yes bulldozer is in C:\o2_viewer.

I hope i figure something out soon but i have no idea what to look for.

my oxygen and the viewer is

D:/Buldozer.exe

D:/O2_light/Objective.exe or something lol

and it all works very good

But D:\ is my cdrom...... does that mean i'm suppose to burn it to a cd (dont have a CDRW).......? How do i go about creating a virtual drive?

Thanks for all the help so far.

Move buldozer to the root drive of your machine...

so you should have buldozer.exe and all its files in a root folder

ie

c:\buldozer.exe

not c:\02_viewer\buldozer.exe

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Maveric|< @ Sep. 20 2002,20:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But D:\ is my cdrom...... does that mean i'm suppose to burn it to a cd (dont have a CDRW).......? How do i go about creating a virtual drive?

Thanks for all the help so far.<span id='postcolor'>

No, many people have several harddrives or partitions (different sections on the same harddrive) and they are always named C: and D: for the first and second. Unless you specify otherwise of course, but this is standard.

If you only have one harddrive, you should read the instructions found at http://www.flashpoint1985.com/breathe a little better. They tell you how to make a virtual drive.

Cheers

There is only one thing that puzzles me...

Bulldozer doesnt need a CD here confused.gif

Some weird way it runs without cd and i havent got any no cd mumbo jumbo or something like it...

Its just weird  confused.gif  confused.gif

But i like it  tounge.gif

(and i have original ofp and red hammer and res !!!wink.gif

Tried putting it in C:\..... but that didnt work... probably because it filled with a ton of other files/folders (only drive).

Read the instructions......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">INSTALLATION

============

- Unzip O2light.ZIP anywhere you want to have your programm (e.g.: "C:\Program Files\Oxygen")

- Unzip o2_viewer.ZIP to root of any hard drive or virtual drive (it's recommended to have the drive empty) (e.g.: "D:\", "X:\")

- Run "Objektiv2Light.exe"

<span id='postcolor'>

Doesnt say anything about "how" to create a virtual drive.

Maverick try this ,if you downloaded O2 and viewer the first day it was released than redownload the files. The ones that are up on the O2 page now are different. When I unzip O2_viewer.zip now I get a folder named 02_viewer_upd. Im thinking maybe something was missing in the first zip, had a friend today do this and his started working...

I already have the updated version of bulldozer..... but just to be safe i reinstalled both bulldozer and o2light (downloaded them again). Unfortunaltly it didnt work...

I just put my buldozer and all the rest of its folders in my O2 folder. Works fine. Thing is tho... my O2 won't load pac and paa textures, now its stopped loading gifs too! gives me an error saying it can't convert...