Sign in to follow this  
jimmybulmer

Cant see textures through glass.

Hi, as the title explains I cant see my textures through the glass of my building

this is my texture files:

http://imgur.com/a/U4BR8

this is what the issue looks like: 

in the PBO I used texview to convert all the JPG's to PAAs normally for glass I use the Office_Glass_CA texture this time I baked the part of the texture i needed into my texture map using blender (its in the middle right of the CO)

Any help is greatly appreciated

In Object Builder, bring your transparent (_ca) glass texture to the top of the stack.

select glass faces

Faces > Move Top

• Like 2

I would recommend you learn how to use the multi-shader for buildings and large objects.  It's an extremely powerful material.

In Object Builder, bring your transparent (_ca) glass texture to the top of the stack.

select glass faces

Faces > Move Top

I had already done this, it turned out to be an issue with the texture itself, I believe something to do with it had been baken in blender then exported as a PNG, which would have had a transparent background but I then converted it to a JPG which removes the transparency and gave it a white background. Luckily the window texture was from the Office glass texture so I just used that and all is good now thanks for the help. 

I would recommend you learn how to use the multi-shader for buildings and large objects.  It's an extremely powerful material.

I can only find very little information on rvmats and overall using the shaders for ARMA, I really want to learn this and have been searching all over for informatin. I have managed to find only the base rvmat info page and thats about it. I've seen a few other articles but I dont believe they are to do with how to use the shaders and the stages. Do you know of a good place / way to learn about these?