Sign in to follow this  
anfo

Apex Expansion mission content missing

Hello

Sorry for the vague title. A clan member created a mission the other day which he used Apex expansion objects during it's creation. Since I don't own (and are not likely to) Apex, shouldn't I still be able to join the mission? An error on loading to the mission states that I "cannot play/edit this mission..." and have three content objects deleted prefixed with "A3_". (e.g.  A3_Structures_F_Exp_Naval_Piers)

First it felt like it might be an isolated incident but another member who also does not own also couldn't connect. Seven members who own Apex all played the mission ok. So shouldn't non-Apex owners still possess the content to be able to join missions that use Expansion content?

Does anybody know whether this is a known or reported issue?

Was this mission build on Tanoa? If yes, you need to own that map to play a mission on it.

Was this mission build on Tanoa? If yes, you need to own that map to play a mission on it.

No, Lingor

Weapons, vehicles and gear from Apex is usable by people who don't own Apex, but objects and the like is not available. Chiefly because when you buy Apex you get a download of the assets.

Tanoa is beautiful, you dunno what you are missing.

Beautiful 20 fps. Beautiful non-optimization. Beautiful glitches and unbalanced content. Yeah he clearly does not know what he is missing.

For the thread author to complete previous answers, structures, sounds, units are not available by default by if you share the ebos and add them in a mod it works.

Beautiful 20 fps. Beautiful non-optimization. Beautiful glitches and unbalanced content. Yeah he clearly does not know what he is missing.

I do not have performance PC mainly because I make sure my scripts run ok on low spec, and I cannot relate to your experience.

I do not have performance PC mainly because I make sure my scripts run ok on low spec, and I cannot relate to your experience.

It is known that Bohemia did bad optimisations on Apex and the whole game in general. I have a performance pc, the lastest intel of it's gen and I'm of course exagerating with the 20 fps thing but for most of people there are huge drops with medium/heavy missions. I know that you are a beast and you take the time to optimise your scripts. I try too but most of the missions out there were originaly developped the wrong way and / or are heavy beacause of AI or running loops, so basicly most of the users have huge performance drops, and Tanoa is not helping. Like what the fuck Arma only uses around 30% of my proc ? Oh yeah, no multithreading noice, in a architecture based on the repartition of the tasks (both amd ans intel), where you can easily share the work load because Arma seems to be devided in modules. At very least, we should have mutli threading for AI processing and NO hc is not the solution.

It's just my opinion tho based on my experience and It can't of course reflect the everyone's experience.

For the thread author to complete previous answers, structures, sounds, units are not available by default by if you share the ebos and add them in a mod it works.

Thank you harmdhast - from your answer I now know that BIS hasn't made a mistake but rather that I can't play a mission made using Apex objects if I don't own the DLC. I just have to notify the people making missions, that Apex specific mission objects should be avoided if possible. Except however if I somehow obtain the missing ebo (or is that pbo)? Does anybody know off hand the name of said pbo's?

air_f_exp 
air_f_exp.ebo.a3 
anims_f_exp 
anims_f_exp.ebo.a3 
armor_f_exp 
armor_f_exp.ebo.a3 
boat_f_exp 
boat_f_exp.ebo.a3 
cargoposes_f_exp 
cargoposes_f_exp.ebo.a3 
characters_f_exp 
characters_f_exp.ebo.a3 
data_f_exp 
data_f_exp.ebo.a3 
dubbing_f_exp 
dubbing_f_exp.ebo.a3 
dubbing_radio_f_exp 
dubbing_radio_f_exp.ebo.a3 
dubbing_radio_f_exp_data_chi 
dubbing_radio_f_exp_data_chi.ebo.a3 
dubbing_radio_f_exp_data_engfre 
dubbing_radio_f_exp_data_engfre.ebo.a3 
dubbing_radio_f_exp_data_fre 
dubbing_radio_f_exp_data_fre.ebo.a3 
editorpreviews_f_exp 
editorpreviews_f_exp.ebo.a3 
functions_f_exp 
functions_f_exp.ebo.a3 
languagemissions_f_exp 
languagemissions_f_exp.ebo.a3 
language_f_exp 
language_f_exp.ebo.a3 
list 
list 
map_data_exp 
map_data_exp.ebo.a3 
map_tanoabuka 
map_tanoabuka.ebo.a3 
map_tanoabuka_data 
map_tanoabuka_data.ebo.a3 
map_tanoabuka_data_layers 
map_tanoabuka_data_layers.ebo.a3 
map_tanoabuka_data_layers_00_00 
map_tanoabuka_data_layers_00_00.ebo.a3 
map_tanoa_scenes_f 
map_tanoa_scenes_f.ebo.a3 
missions_f_exp 
missions_f_exp.ebo.a3 
missions_f_exp_data 
missions_f_exp_data.ebo.a3 
missions_f_exp_video 
missions_f_exp_video.ebo.a3 
modules_f_exp 
modules_f_exp.ebo.a3 
music_f_exp 
music_f_exp.ebo.a3 
music_f_exp_music 
music_f_exp_music.ebo.a3 
props_f_exp 
props_f_exp.ebo.a3 
rocks_f_exp 
rocks_f_exp.ebo.a3 
soft_f_exp 
soft_f_exp.ebo.a3 
sounds_f_exp 
sounds_f_exp.ebo.a3 
static_f_exp 
static_f_exp.ebo.a3 
structures_f_exp 
structures_f_exp.ebo.a3 
structures_f_exp_civilian 
structures_f_exp_civilian.ebo.a3 
structures_f_exp_commercial 
structures_f_exp_commercial.ebo.a3 
structures_f_exp_cultural 
structures_f_exp_cultural.ebo.a3 
structures_f_exp_data 
structures_f_exp_data.ebo.a3 
structures_f_exp_industrial 
structures_f_exp_industrial.ebo.a3 
structures_f_exp_infrastructure 
structures_f_exp_infrastructure.ebo.a3 
supplies_f_exp 
supplies_f_exp.ebo.a3 
ui_f_exp 
ui_f_exp.ebo.a3 
vegetation_f_exp 
vegetation_f_exp.ebo.a3 
weapons_f_exp 
weapons_f_exp.ebo.a3 

It's the full list of content I have in the Arma 3/Expansion folder.

I'm sure you can find them somehow ;).

Btw it was working a few updates ago idk if they patched it but I don't think so.