arcanum

Persistent Zeus missions

I would like to use zeus to create series of missions and to have "server state" saved and loaded next time to continue the campaign.
Liberation mission has simillar featuer to just dont care about server restarts. All zeus editable objects will be saved in the .vars.arma3profile and loaded and placed when starting the mission next time. Is there something with simillar functionality ? I will most likely just shave the Liberation mission if not.

Hmmm, I've had something like that a while ago, using inidbi. That version is is a bit outdated now and probably not fully usable.

Anyway, the basics of it are not hard to do.

I'm actually planning to make a new zeus-template with persistence and some other features sometime soon. Not 100% sure when. (I really hate creating dialogs in ArmA, that always puts me off)

• Like 1

(I really hate creating dialogs in ArmA, that always puts me off)

Same here! gerbe.png

I truly admire the guys who have the patience for it...

• Like 1

On 10/17/2016 at 6:19 PM, Crimson Mage said:

You could use ares. It allows you to save the world through a module and reload it.

That does work in general and relatively easy to use (copy-paste the code on your map). 

Only downside is it will not save Eden Editor details, such as edited loadouts, etc.  So it is good for quickly replacing all the AI and vehicles in place, but they will use their generic or default state. 

Example: a Nato Ammobearer that had special traits, ID and loadout, that a player used, will return as a generic Nato Ammobearer.

Just saying so new Zeuses know what it is used for.  It does not allow MP player persistence as such.