kremator

Trouble with BIS_fnc_feedback_hitArrayHandler .. any guidance?

Hey guys,

Trying to work out why this is NOT firing.  Just running vanilla stable here and it RUNS on the player (me), albeit after about 1 minute delay, but it is NEVER firing on AI.  For info I'm trying to get psychobastards AIS_injury to run in Insurgency.

waitUntil {!isNil {_unit getVariable "BIS_fnc_feedback_hitArrayHandler"}};

_unit addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {_this call tcb_fnc_handleDamage2}];

I'm not a coder you see, and haven't a clue about the BIS_fnc_feedback_hitArrayHandler part as that isn't set by the mission.  Is it a standard function that runs on mission start ?  Is the waitUntil even required ?

Cheers

Krem

It's probably an internal BIS variable set on mission start, not a function, the waitUntil would be required for evalution of the variable yes. That variable is probably set by BIS_fnc_feedbackInit or BIS_fnc_feedbackMain, I have experience with neither, so I'm not sure how to make it work with AI. My half-educated guess would be just comment out the waitUntil and see if it works then, though I also don't know the backend or necessary function requirements for the tcb function executed, but if it errors out you'll know :p.

I would not think "BIS_fnc_feedback_hitArrayHandler" is available on AI as the feedback system is mostly about screen effects like blood splatter when you are hit and the pulsing effect when fatigued.

Just remove the waitUntil, as long as _unit is a valid reference it should be good enough to add EH.

Thanks for the help guys.  I think I've sorted it now as you suggested.