egbert

Unable to find my team server

Hi there !

Since about 1 month, I happen to be unable to find my team server. (I underline the word find because it's important, the few times I found the server, I was able to connect it without problems).

We have a dedicated server, hosted by OVH.

I tried everything, access it through my team mates via stream, direct connect (I checked, server adress was OK, port was OK), server browser on the launcher... Nothing works. I also checked there was some filters on, nope...

Everytime I try, I first wait on the internet servers window until I see about 1200+ servers.

I tried to update Battleye manually, I tried to download the last client performance arma3.exe... No success.

I can't understand, I'm the only one in my team who have this problem. I double checked my modset with my team mates, it's Ok too.

So in one month, I managed to successfully find (and connect) the server twice. Which is even more disturbing, because it doesn't seem logical. Why most of the time I can't find this server, and why suddenly it works, juste one time ?

Anyone have an idea to solve this one ?

Thanks in advance !

Seems like the server browser is choking your modem. Try using the direct connect button to connect to the server and then check the recent tab and favorite it from there. Next time you open the launcher it should show all your favorite servers. :)

Thanks for your reply marceldev89, but, the problem is, I still can't find the server with the direct connect button, and so I can't see my team server in the recent ones either.

I also tried to set up port 2302 on my modem, but I'm not sure how to do that, and what I did, well, it didn't work.

Oh and one other thing, when I try several times to switch between "internet" tab and "direct connect" tab, my internet connection drop, I can't even go on google with my browser. But oddly TS never drop...

Maybe my computer is built on an ancient Maya cursed sanctuary or something.

Nah, it's the server browser killing your modem due to the amount of UDP connections it makes. Existing connections won't drop but new connections can't be made until the UDP connection timeout. It sucks. :)

Try direct connect from within Arma 3. If that also doesn't work something else is wrong.

I guess something else is wrong then. I tried a thousand times to direct connect within Arma 3... Our server isn't new, and before this summer, I always managed to find and connect it without problems.

I can't really link this matter with Apex though, because I wasn't home often during July, and I can't remember if I had difficulties to connect right after 1.62 update.

Something I know for sure, is that I didn't make any changes in my config (computer, modem etc...). I just updated my mods to fit v1.62 of Arma, but all my teammates did the same, and they don't have any troubles to find our server. I double checked with them, we do have the same versions of our mods. (And frankly, I don't think it is a matter of modset, since we can always see every servers, even if they work with different mods, we're just unable to connect to them).

Thanks marceldev89 for your kind answers ! Next time I find our server, I favorite it right away, maybe this will work, but in the meantime, if anyone have a clue, I'm all ears !

Ok so I managed to find my server several times, using the "official servers" and then switching to the direct connect.

I can't understand why, but as long as I can play, I'm OK with that !

Thanks again marcel ! Problem solved !

Hi, I dig up this topic in order to inform anyone that would face the same problem, because it's the first result when searching for similar terms in google. We add the same trouble for months, and we were using the same workaround, but since 1.66 of ArmA the workaround was not working anymore. So we came back to the battle, and do a lot of stuff in order to fix it. Finally, a message from OVH informed us that sometimes their antiDDOS protection can make this type of problem appears (same thing with TeamSpeak for example). But it's easily fixable : all you have to do is to configure this protection from your OVH client pannel, under the tab "IP", the menu "GAME firewall". You can totally disable it (not recommended !!!) or simply add an exception for the desired protocol/port, just as a firewall do. The effect is instantaneous, all your problems will vanish ! Pay attention to select the right IP in the case of using, as we do, multiple fail-over IPs to provide internet access to our virtual machines.

I'm having these issues right now. I bought the game last week during the steam wintersale, but I haven't gotten it to work a single time. I immediately joined a unit because I didn't want to play alone, but I have just been missing out on playing with them, because I severely underestimated the time it would take to fix my game. I tried everything there is to try and nothing has worked so far. I can see a decent amount of servers when I wait, like 900 or something, but I just cant seem to find their server. I know it's working and I know that I have the right IP and name but I just can't find it. When I direct connnect from the launcher it launches the game but then it just stops doing stuff and keeps showing a black screen. And when I direct connect in the game the guys from the unit say that it should show you the server but I don't see anything. I left my client open for a few hours and it still didn't show so it's not slow internet or whatever. This is annoying, and Bohemia and Battleye aren't responding to my support tickets :/ I tried like "using" the official servers and then direct connecting but I have no idea what that actually means. And I tried googleing OVH but nothing Arma or game related showed up. If you guys please could explain what you meant I would be very grateful :)

Sorry for the late answer, P. Niels. As I said, what we are discussing here is a server-side problem, not client-side. Which means your client is not broken. In fact, if you can see and join any server except the one of your team, it means that they have a configuration problem. Try to find other people encountering the same issue with this server. If you are alone, then the issue is not what we are discussing here. But if you can find several other players who cannot join the server without experiencing difficulties, you will be ensured that you are experiencing the issue discussed here.

It is possible that other members of the team can connect easily to the server if they have previously (since the last reboot of their PC) connected to the machine hosting the A3 dedicated server, for example through a launcher or a website. In fact, when we were experiencing this issue, it took a long time to diagnosis because of this. Some of us had the habit to visit other of our services while their game were starting, so the connexion to the server was "first-timed" by other means than A3.

Ok im having kind of a similar problem. I am trying to join a modded server (Demonic RP) but everytime I try joining from the direct connect button from menu when u double click or start arma 3 up it starts the game but once in-game it just freezes fully on a background that says Arma 3 Apex (like the loading screen) and doesnt do anything from there and once i try to find it ingame it doesnt find it anywhere even with direct connect. I would be really thankful if somebody could tell me what could be the problem and is it cause i installed the mods incorrect or just a problem on my client side finding the server (I should have all mods downloaded correctly cause i downloaded them in Arma 3 sync with the auto-config url). Thanks (and I know i might be kinda late for this post but might aswell give it a shot)

Hello, my team was just acquired a dedicated server with a Linux OS by Soyoustart (OVH  service provider). We had a windows DS before and we haven't any problems, but now some players of my team can't find the server.

We find a temporary solution to counter this problem : we have a TS3 server on the same machine and when the player joins the TS3 server, the Arma3 server appears in the multiplayer menu.

We tried with a web service too but it don't work.

I think the problem is about the Arma 3 client UDP connection with the server (or vice versa).

So, I try a nmap command on udp ports 2302 to 2305 when the arma3server was up and later when it was down : and services responding well.

So I don't know how to resolve this problem. I hope my information can help someone who can find the solutions.

Maybe DDoS protection? Have you tried disabling that protection?