Vansen

Why can I not create working tasks in the Eden editor?

I'm trying to create a mission on the Takistan map. I must've been at this for at least 2-3 hours overall, since I've watched multiple YouTube vidoes of the editor for placing the Tasks modules, and I just can't understand what I'm doing wrong.

I'm creating a mission on Takistan where you spawn with your team a short ways from a location you're supposed to move to, and then once there, get an objective to go to another location.

Right now, this is the set up:

Player <sync> Create Task <sync> Set Task State (succeeded) <sync> Trigger <sync> Set Task State (created) <sync> Create Task <sync> Trigger.

This is the set up as per one of the YouTube tutorials that I watched, and I watched him have it working on his screen the same as I intend, the second only appearing when you reach the first one. The only difference between mine and his, is that his second Create Task in synced to the Player as well, but when I do that, I can see the task at the start of the mission - which I don't want - I only want another objective to be visible in the map/journal when the last one has been completed.

Now, this does work up to the first Trigger, when it pops up that the objective is completed. But I can't figure out how to add a second objective without it appearing at the start of the mission.

The ironic thing, is I actually had this working in a previous mission I was tinkering around with on Altis, where the setup was just;

Create Task <sync> Set Task State (succeeded) <sync> Trigger <sync> Create Task <sync> Set Task State <sync> Trigger

And it was perfectly working exactly how I wanted it: move to the first trigger, the objective is completed and a new objective is set. For some reason, however, copying that system into this just isn't working, and leaves me not being able to complete the first objective once arriving and definitely being inside the trigger area.

I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I hate to post such a trivial issue, but can someone shed some light on what's happening to me, and how to fix this? Referencing my own work, and tutorials, this in theory should be working but it's just not, and I just don't get it.

I think that if you name the tasks the same name eg.: Task 1, Capture the burritos. Then you name the second one Task 1:Hold the burritos.It will classify them as the same. Therefore it will show both.
I hope this helps

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/193732-creating-a-pause-between-tasks/ Hey man, see if this help.

Use the same commands  in triggers

triggerActivated name_of_the_trigger;

or

task1done = true;

to get the new task fired up after you complete the old one.

Cheers man, I've literally been at this for hours and it's solved by something so simple XD.

I admit, I thought it didn't work and came to post my frustration, but there was an issue with a couple of the settings within the second objective's modules.

Thanks again.

Cheers man, I've literally been at this for hours and it's solved by something so simple XD.

LOL...I feel for you man..it happens to me all the time..it's a long learning process for all of us

PS: I'm sure you already know that, but just in case...don't forget that the command "triggerActivated" could be very useful if you need a trigger to fire after another one is been fired up. F.e., you step in a trigger where you complete a "move to" task and a "SUPPORT request" module became available AFTER you complete task1....

Cheers bro!