Sign in to follow this  
papa6

Ability to edit official Bohemia Interactive missions

I like the missions that BI have created I would like to ask if they could be made Editable? Example: Some of the Apex Protocol missions are awesome and I'd like to be able to add vehicles and additional units to the mission to make it a lot more difficult. But upon saving, have it saved with an icon to signify that the mission is an edited version of the original. Example would be Apex protocol mission 1 which would be saved as Apex protocol 1_5, 1_* whatever to show it is edited?

thanks,

Chris

Papa6 / [black6] Actual

If you look in /directory/Addons you will find missions_f~... which you can put into the editor and edit yourself.

I myself, too, am looking for the Apex source so I can see how the team / some animations are done. Just to bump, what I see as an issue however is, you can also find the showcase for Helicopter / Marksman DLC even though you didn't purchase it. This is an interested topic of discussion, would like to see a dev maybe comment on this?

You can't edit the Apex Protocol missions yet as BI have not decrypted the archives from .ebo to .pbo format yet. Give it a few more months or so and they should be decrypted (IIRC it was about 2-3 months after Marksmen DLC got released before you could depbo the Marksmen showcase pbo, for example).

As for vanilla A3, the mission files are no longer stored in missions_f.pbo; it was changed to missions_f_epa.pbo and missions_f_epa_data.pbo when they refactored The East Wind as an all-in-one campaign as opposed to having separate episodes. All of the other pbos only contain data for the showcases.

• Like 3