ahmedslimkw

Possibility to install apex WITHOUT tanoa?

Hello all!

So I have a really stupid question now but I feel refunding apex was a bad choice as I could not play at all once tanoa got installed severely impacting my FPS.

For now Il rebuy apex once a solution is found. If there is none il sadly have to wait until I get a nice computer then il slap the hell out of that buy button.

So is it possible to actually remove tanoa so I won't deal with a lot of lag and just let it remove the DLC pop ups? I have no problem spending 30$ without tanoa if it removes the DLC pop ups and I could be able to support bohemia as after a few rounds on the editor with me using apex weapons I really do feel bohemia deserves the money but the fact I can't play with apex installed (if its uninstalled no difference) Cause the lag is making me unable to play anything at all.

Thank you all!

Having Tanoa installed should not affect fps in any way.I thought you meant using the map was impossible as it is quite heavy on performance.But just having it installed wont make any difference if you are not actually playing on it.

• Like 2

Tanoa doesn't affect your performance simply by sitting on your hard drive. 

Just don't play on it if your system can't handle it.

Any new performance problems you might have aren't caused by Tanoa or Apex, but the game update that came it with. And it's the same for everyone, whether you bought Apex or not.

• Like 3

So (among other things) you 're saying that having "Tanoa" on your drive directly affects the gameplay i.e. on "Altis"?

*Sorry if i accidentally misunderstood your question

• Like 1

So (among other things) you 're saying that having "Tanoa" on your drive directly affects the gameplay i.e. on "Altis"?

*Sorry if i accidentally misunderstood your question

Aye, This was proven when I went onto altis my frames dropped severely.

Tanoa doesn't affect your performance simply by sitting on your hard drive.

Just don't play on it if your system can't handle it.

Any new performance problems you might have aren't caused by Tanoa or Apex, but the game update that came it with. And it's the same for everyone, whether you bought Apex or not.

Ah so was it the problem with the new update? Apparently when I launched my mission with a couple of AI with all settings on low I had a minimum of 18, without it I had around 40-50

Having Tanoa installed should not affect fps in any way.I thought you meant using the map was impossible as it is quite heavy on performance.But just having it installed wont make any difference if you are not actually playing on it.

This is definitely weird as when I launched my mission with only a couple of AI (6 or less) I had a gigantic frame drop. Without it I have quite high FPS.

Thanks for all your help! If there is really no solution il rebuy apex one more time.

Aye, This was proven when I went onto altis my frames dropped severely.

Ah so was it the problem with the new update? Apparently when I launched my mission with a couple of AI with all settings on low I had a minimum of 18, without it I had around 40-50

This is definitely weird as when I launched my mission with only a couple of AI (6 or less) I had a gigantic frame drop. Without it I have quite high FPS.

Thanks for all your help! If there is really no solution il rebuy apex one more time.

Yes-So you can buy Apex or not, but it will not change your performance in any way.

Yes-So you can buy Apex or not, but it will not change your performance in any way.

Okay thanks! Il go and buy apex tomorrow as I have no access to my laptop and hope for the best. Maybe I should wait for the summer sale? It's in a few weeks probably.

Thank you! I must have screwed up something in my mission, I hope my FPS issue gets fixed, if it doesn't well, screw it I'm going to adapt with the FPS.

Okay thanks! Il go and buy apex tomorrow as I have no access to my laptop and hope for the best. Maybe I should wait for the summer sale? It's in a few weeks probably.

Thank you! I must have screwed up something in my mission, I hope my FPS issue gets fixed, if it doesn't well, screw it I'm going to adapt with the FPS.

Actually the summer sale was at the start of July... Sorry :)

Good luck with your framerate.

• Like 1

Actually the summer sale was at the start of July... Sorry :)

Good luck with your framerate.

There goes my wallet, Dammit!

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

Okay so after redownloading apex i get better fps than last time when i downloaded it. but horribly bad that i cant play the campaign.

Downloaded it again and played for two hours and could not hit anything in the campaign. In the editor i have around 40 fps rather than 60. in the campaign 10 fps while in multiplayer 6.

Virtual arsenal 50-60.

All showcase missions 20.

So i guess there is no way to remove Tanoa since i cant refund anymore cause i played in two hours. Im searching everything i can to find that goddamn issue that is persisting in arma even though when i dont have apex im not lagging horribly.

I hope there is a solution now since i cannot play arma permanently unless i get a new computer which is unlikely since i got a school to pay.

Cheers all!

EDIT: Disregard, looks like It was another stupid mistake made by me. Infact I kinda like the apex DLC and I'm glad I didn't refunded.

Edited by Velocity-Overdrive