Sign in to follow this  
jackkellar

ACE Medical and inconsistency

Has anyone messed around with the configs of ACE Medical a lot? 

Me and a friend were testing this for about 8 hours, and we found a lot of inconsistencies with the damage model. That includes 7,62x51/54 being horribly underpowered, and headshots NEVER killing in one hit. Always putting players in an unconscious state.

I guess what really pisses us off is the "Oh, you took a hit on your plate carrier. Guess you'll fall unconscious on your belly now.". Is there any config that readily gets rid of that without removing ACE medical entirely?

We found that Vanilla Arma is not only more consistent, but also a whole lot more realistic. Even more so considering that 7,62x51/54 is a whole lot more devastating than 5,56x45. We are using RHS weapons.

We also tried using the script from the Apex Campaign that allows you to revive people and stuff so that we dont just die from something that wouldn't outright kill us. But taking two shots to the chest with a platecarrier and falling down to a bleedout state was also not very realistic for us.

TL;DR: Is there any way to remove the unconsciousness from players when a pebble hits their chest or give more consistency to ACE?

Me and a friend were testing this for about 8 hours, and we found a lot of inconsistencies with the damage model. That includes 7,62x51/54 being horribly underpowered, and headshots NEVER killing in one hit. Always putting players in an unconscious state.

I guess what really pisses us off is the "Oh, you took a hit on your plate carrier. Guess you'll fall unconscious on your belly now.". Is there any config that readily gets rid of that without removing ACE medical entirely?

We found that Vanilla Arma is not only more consistent, but also a whole lot more realistic. Even more so considering that 7,62x51/54 is a whole lot more devastating than 5,56x45. We are using RHS weapons.

We also tried using the script from the Apex Campaign that allows you to revive people and stuff so that we dont just die from something that wouldn't outright kill us. But taking two shots to the chest with a platecarrier and falling down to a bleedout state was also not very realistic for us.

TL;DR: Is there any way to remove the unconsciousness from players when a pebble hits their chest or give more consistency to ACE?

RHS is a Total conversion mod for arma... meaning that it has its own damage and health point variables compared to regular arma so RHS units should only really play with RHS units and not from other stock content or other mods which do not adhere to RHS standards... did you try using the advanced medical system in Ace mod? that might help tho i have never used it. 

RHS is a Total conversion mod for arma... meaning that it has its own damage and health point variables compared to regular arma so RHS units should only really play with RHS units and not from other stock content or other mods which do not adhere to RHS standards... did you try using the advanced medical system in Ace mod? that might help tho i have never used it. 

Yes, we use RHS units with RHS weapons and fight against RHS units with RHS weapons. We are using advanced medical system.

So you want players to be able to handle more damage before going to unconscious mode?

So you want players to be able to handle more damage before going to unconscious mode?

I want players to not go unconscious when they get shot in the chest. That's just plain unrealistic.

I also want players to die, as with Advanced Medical, getting shot in the head will not kill you most of the times anyway.

1.st Isnt there an ACE thread on this forum? Why dont go complaining there?

2.nd I play with ACE all the time, and it never seemed inconsistent or otherwise unrealistic to me.

In the ACE3 Medical Settings module there's an option for adjusting how much damage player can receive. If you adjust it a little bit higher then it would take some shots before going to unconscious mode, but that would also postpone dying faster. If the setting is adjusted to below 1, then players will die instantly and unconsciousness would be rare.

I'm not sure if it's possible, with only basic modifications, to not have unconsciousness and still retain ACE3 Medical features.

Closing - this discussion belongs in the ACE3 thread!

• Like 2