Sign in to follow this  
schmoking

Missing addons detected? help!

i have installed 3 mods for he editor. i installed them by dragging them into launcher, these are the only mods i have.

Dren`s editor upgrade

CJTF101 editor

composition tool eden editor plugin

i spent hours placing objects and buildings into my mission, testing it by hosting off my computer and it worked fine, then i rented a server, uploaded the mission and now it wont work.

from server log rpt:

13:00:34 Missing addons detected:

13:00:34   A3_Structures_F_Exp_Industrial_SugarCaneFactory_01

13:00:34   A3_Structures_F_Exp_Walls_Tin

13:00:34   A3_Structures_F_Exp_Walls_Wired

13:00:34   A3_Structures_F_Exp_Walls_Railings

13:00:34   A3_Structures_F_Exp_Walls_Wooden

13:00:34   A3_Structures_F_Exp_Civilian_Accessories

13:00:34   A3_Structures_F_Exp_Cultural_Cathedral_01

13:00:34 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.A3_Structures_F_Exp_Industrial_SugarCaneFactory_01, A3_Structures_F_Exp_Walls_Tin, A3_Structures_F_Exp_Walls_Wired, A3_Structures_F_Exp_Walls_Railings, A3_Structures_F_Exp_Walls_Wooden, A3_Structures_F_Exp_Civilian_Accessories, A3_Structures_F_Exp_Cultural_Cathedral_01

13:00:35 Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Stratis\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item105.type: Vehicle class Land_SCF_01_shed_F no longer exists

13:00:35 Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Stratis\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item106.type: Vehicle class Land_TinWall_02_l_8m_F no longer exists

13:00:35 Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Stratis\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item165.type: Vehicle class Land_WiredFence_01_gate_F no longer exists

etc...

so... if i go back and delete all these objects from my mission it then works.

but i dont really understand what the problem is. why can i host it off my computer and not a rented server?

all these editor upgrades are just suposed to unlock buildings for the editor that are allready in the game... no mods or addons needed to join a mission they been used to create.

i thought it might have been stupid to install them by dragging them into the launcher so i reinstalled the game, but it installed it again with the mods. thats over 10 hours download :(

these objects and buildings are in my editor... how are they missing addons and deleted content? did bohemia remove these from use in edtitor?

do i need to reinstall without mods? will i then loose all my work placing buildings? or is it another problem? 

im considering taking my computer to the range and end its misery...

Verify your game cache through STEAM (right click ArmA3 in your Steam library, click properties > local files > verfiy integrity of game cache). Then restart Steam.

well... after reinstalling 3 times i finally figured thats not the issue.

then it dawned on me that i just bought apex dlc and some buildings i use are from it.  i can use weapons and vehicles from apex on my server but i guess not buildings.

so does this mean that the place i rent a server from havent installed apex yet? i couldnt find any reference to it in server files...

and how does this work on a server...???

players that dont have apex have the vehicle models and weapons from apex and can see others use them but not get in them themselves?

but they dont have building models from apex and cant join a server using them?

am i way off here... or is this the case?   im confused

[...]

players that dont have apex have the vehicle models and weapons from apex and can see others use them but not get in them themselves?

but they dont have building models from apex and cant join a server using them?

[...]

That's pretty much the case. The island of Tanoa (as well as its assets) sit firmly behind the pay-wall of the Expansion purchase. Its summarised here (by me :P).

thanks for clearing that up.

quite the bummer tho, so many wasted hours placing objects :(

i wish they would open these up to everyone. arma always had hidden objects  u could use from previous  versions of the game.  

• Like 1

i wish they would open these up to everyone. arma always had hidden objects  u could use from previous  versions of the game.  

True, but its an entirely different kettle of fish when considering Expansion content being available to non-expansion owners. If you start leaking more and more content to those who don't buy the content, it gets to a point where no-one bothers buying the content because everything is available for free anyway, just with the occasional advertisement. Its already VERY generous of BI that they allow weapons and vehicles to be used by non-expansion owners (and in line with the rest of their DLC policy).

Tanoa was the main selling point of the Expansion, so I'm perfectly happy for BI to keep everything relating to it behind the pay-wall. Yes, its a pain for mission makers/server admins, but they (you) need to decide on whats important.

FYI, kick your server provider up the arse. The group I am a part of is able to run Tanoa content fine on our dedicated server with no error messages or crashes etc.

I have this issue and can't open mission in editor. What addon is this exatlcy? (I have no upgrading versions and not delete anything since last time that this mission loads normaly). Its look like this happened for itself.

http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/r8Pf7na4/file.html

http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/SXuPpSgq/file.html

Please guys, any advice?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nemanjic said:

Please guys, any advice?

It seems to be from the EPOCH or EXILE "aif_arma1buildings"

try to google it.

I was never using those two addons nor downloading them. But I'll try to follow suggestion. Maybe somehow it is there

It was up to "Napf Island map" . Your post was directed me to think about "exile and epoch" things and I remembered that this zombie-killing guys use this map for homeland. I have it loaded before when I was create a mission and use some objects from there-water tower. Thank you again you help me, you are from those guys who save your life in battlefield! Thanks bro

SOLVED

• Like 1