Hey,

First I do want to apologies if this is the wrong section for this and I should have posted it in the Mission & Editing forums.

I've recently gotten an issue that I cannot start my mission on my groups dedicated server on Linux anymore. It just kicks me back into the mission select screen. Then upon restarting the mission again the server crashes with a SEGV Fault.

I've been searching the internet left and right for the issue, went through the whole RPT file, read up on the feedback trackers on certain mods that we use. 

Nothing, this is kinda the last turn I can do before either deleting the whole mission or start over from scratch. And since it is an ongoing campaign mission, I'd rather not do that.

So here some information:

Mods used are:

• CBA
  • ACE
  • CUP Terrains
  • CUP Weapons and Units
  • RHS, every mod
  • NIArms (Formerly known as HLC Weapons), Core and AK pack
  • Task force Radio

My group is using the Profiling Branch Server.

In the RPT there is a lot of spam from "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.Burst'.". This is from the RHS Mod, according to their bugtracker it does not cause this weird behavior.

Another thing I noticed in the bugtracker is "Ref to nonnetwork object *some id*: dummyweapon.p3d", but according to the BI Wiki it can be ignored.

I went ahead and just started deleting bases and outposts, then at some point it all worked again, but no indication really what the issue was. So from this I know it  is a map object causing all this. The main problem is, I have placed quite a lot of objects so no idea which are the offending ones.

I am testing these things now on my local dedicated windows server which resulted in a very similar behavior and uploaded the RPT until it kicks me back to selection screen.

Link to RPT

I also uploaded the non-binarized mission.sqm. 

Link to Mission.sqm

I am at a loss here, can someone help?

Any idea what object specifically? My dedicated server is doing this as well and I'm also trying to figure this out.

I did a lot of digging around, in the end I started over and tested it on my server after even just placing one unit. Turns out I kind of found the problem.

RHS units are completely fine and will not make your server crash or even trigger the CfgWeapon.Burst error. However if you place nearly anything from the CUP_Weapons mod, you will get the CfgWeapon.Burst and forcing the server back to the mission selection screen.

The CfgWeapon.Burst error originates from RHS, they even went ahead and said in their support ticket that it will be fixed and it seems that RHS is not affected by crashes because of it and it's the another mods fault. Thing is, CUP alone on the server does not do this, only if RHS is included.

Right now the fixes are, do not use CUP_Weapons (this includes static weapons) or spawn it in via script during mission time or do not use RHS. It is possible that even any other weapon mod that uses that class will trigger it.

So far my mission is still not running even after removing everything from CUP_Weapons, seems NIArms is also affected by this. I will have to wait for RHS to get their shit together and release a hotfix. Knowing their update speed, it might take a month.