Sign in to follow this  
plons

Reckoning

does anybody has some tricks to solve the reistance mission Reckoning

because i'm stuck ( and frustrated)

normally I would see a solution but now...

does anyone has some tips (ore tricks) ?

thx wink.gifsad.gifconfused.gif

Try to use the search function of the forums smile.gif

There must be a thread, I`m pretty sure!

If you find none, give me a short summary of what your mission objectives are in that mission. Because I can`t all mission names by heart wink.gif

I looked, couldn't find one, unless it was under the mission number, searching for "reckoning" produced no hits, that's why the thread was left open smile.gif

I found this mission very hard too until a friend of mine who played this mission through told that you are able to select custom gear in the briefings before you start the mission. However I don't know how the outcome of the previous mission (where you had to get the ammo-loaded truck to your base) effects on this mission's amount of selectable gear. At least I succeeded well i that truck missionand I got plenty of gear for the reckoning mission.

You've probably finished this mission by now, but just in case. Stelthly advance toward the airbase, there is a patroling BMP and tank. Get around them, order the hold fire or someone will give you away. Facing the base, we moved toward the right side. I positioned men in hide places to give me fire support if spotted. Crawl around down by the water until you are even with the Hind. Watch the patrols, when they move out, crawl up and power up a chopper. Start firing the missiles as the rotors gain speed. Once up don't get to high, there are Shukas nearby. Rake havoc. Go back for the BMP and tank or they will kill your men getting out. The Hind got destroyed every time so be ready to bail.

yes I finished it

not like you did it, I just ran on the runway, took out 2 bmp's and killed the patrolling soldiers with a sniperrifle,I acomplished it without casualties but I still hate it smile.gifbiggrin.gif

It looks like a pretty easy mission to me. I'm on it now and i'm getting close to the Hinds and the m-70 or 80, whatever it is. My problem is that my AA guys arent shooting their weapons at them. Is this a bug? And yes, i had them hold fire until i take out the 2 BMP's a the T72. Then i have them open fire and fire at will, and tell them to target the targets, but they just sit there. HMMMM, any thoughts???

thx and merry xmas

For a laugh i took that BRDM and took it for a joy ride, i was getting chased by a hind so i ditched it, and on my walk i found an empty T-80 (mite of been t-70) at B.i,6.1.

You mite find that useful, aslong as you can take out them hinds before they get off the ground you'll be fine and you need to get them RPG soldiers!

Reckoning!

Actually its 1 of my favourite missions in RES.

I didnt find it that hard when i equiped my group with all the sniper rifles and machineguns in the cache (5 sniperifles, 2 MG's) because they have superiour range on the assault rifles.

At the start, I turned SW, south of both mountains.

Flanking the mountain, upon seeing the runway i take out that BMP2 patrolling that area. At that location you are too far out to get your shots noticed by the enemy. Issued hold fire, started spotting all the infantry near the base.

Then walked/crawled parallel to the runway, issued weapons free, slowly approaching the airfield, russian infantry starts being decimated.

The one chopper that is flying, i took out with a stinger.

Apart from the medics and machinegunners, everybody in the group is equiped with rpg's so the patrolling tanks who started noticing me are no problem. Snatched the v-80 from the hangar, keep below hangar height, popping up to take out the shilkas, after that any remaining opposition is a piece of cake.

landed the chopper, took it out with a picked up satchel... end of mission, zero friendly casualties.

L8R,

TopCover

What i did was outloaded my first three guys with silenced weapons (HKs) and gave two of them RPGs and the other a Stinger. Then gave the others a mixture of RPGs and AA weapons. Didnt shoot anyone but a patrol at the base(which doesnt have to be taken out). I crawled around and found the V-60 and started the engine blew up the hinds.... took out the eastern most hanger cuz it was filled with men. then i ran like hell with the shilkas firing. got hit once blew up a BMP, then a second. landed got my men out of there almost got killed by a shilka that drove around to where my heli landed. it left i got in my heli and blew up the patroling BMP and t72 ran back to the town learned i had to go back for the truck then drove back to the town. somehow my v-80 got destroyed in the process of me running to the town. I didnt have any casualties but i did have one guy wounded i believe he broke his legs falling off of one of the mountains im pretty sure nothing ever got a shot off on my squad.

Hi

I did it like this. All three of us took the truck southwest to the shore, and drove north up the shore-line to within 0.5km of the base. Then we crept up the embankment behind the closest Mi17 and started taking out soldiers with the sniper rifles. I took out a patrolling BMP with the RPG. Then we took out more soldiers with sniper rifles. Some flanked us on the right, and I and number 3 were injured. However, I was able to take ammunition from the wounded soldiers and prolong our attack.

Soon it all went quiet, and we were able to walk out (all three of us) to the Mi17 and start it up unchallenged. We destroyed the base with it and another advancing BMP, and also a couple of advancing squads of soldiers. Then I flew back to the truck under fire from a Shilka. After landing, i ordered a group member to fly the chopper back to the village, and then drove the truck all the way back to the village myself, along the shore.

The chopper landed safely and we all three met up at the final meeting point in the village.

Unfortunately, the mission refused to end...

Jason

I had a slightly different approach. me an my men sneaked across the big hill near the base. I ordered them to hide on the hillside facing the base and sneaked to the hangars alone and unnoticed. of course I found the V-80 in one hangar. god, what a pleasant surprise. boarded it and flew out of the hangar. after cleaning the base from all helis I escaped to the south before the shilkas could react. after I took out the patroulling tanks I ordered my men to retreat and picked them up with the truck on the other side of the hill.

I did forget to blast the V-80, so I had to face it in the bridge-mission again. or would that not have mattered? if anyone knows.... smile.gif