Sign in to follow this  
digitalgeo

New Revive's bleed out time - Should it be increased or decreased?

New Revive bleed out time  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should the bleed out time be adjusted to ...

• take longer ?
    • take shorter ?
    • stay the same ?

The new revive system is now in effect, and having tried it I love it. One of the new aspects is the shorter bleed out time where the downed player has even less time to get revived. This is great because imo the shorter time gives a sense of urgency and makes the player's wounds feel more authentic. 

The devs are considering lengthening the bleed out time, but I think it should stay the same.

What do you guys think?

wjMfBm2.png

If your buddy got shot that means he is in a bad position. Treating him immediately is a serious risk to your own life. You have to maintain fire superiority until you can more safely treat your teammate. Having a longer timer helps. 

• Like 1

I suggest random. From  Short_But_Possible  to  Longer_But_You_Don't_Know_That. Whatever those values are ;)

• Like 1

In today's dev branch the default timer was adjusted from 20 seconds to 2 minutes.

• Like 1

If you get shot enough you go down and not be able to move yourself, even by doing a half crawl. It's safe to say your in bad shape, so it's safe to say you are going to die in a short spam of time. Why i personally think the max time for the revive system is good, which i think was capped at 3 minutes. But I see above kylania saying dev has it now set to 2 minutes, but I think as of now 3 minute cap is the highest it should go. But they need some way for downed guys to call out, thus a low sound of a guy in pain or maybe the ability to pull the trigger on the gun. Since crying in pain is a common reaction to getting shot multiple times and unless really unlucky you should still be able to use your finger to pull the trigger of your weapon.

Too short revive times means nobody will bother with reviving and respawn instead. Especially because with respawn you also automatically get out of the hot zone. It supports rambo-style gameplay, as dying isn't punishing you.

• Like 3