Huh, the monetization cannot include privileges such as gameplay advantages over non-donator players. You can make premium clothing, in-game advertising, reserved slots and such AFAIK.

Ok let me change that from donations to contributor or something. If I do that then what?

Ok let me change that from donations to contributor or something. If I do that then what?

no it won't. did you read the link i posted here?

• Like 2

no it won't. did you read the link i posted here?

I did but I still don't understand what's wrong.

I did but I still don't understand what's wrong.

So, you didn't actually read it then...

The fact that you're offering ingame items that have impact upon gameplay (i.e. "ingame money") rather than purely cosmetic (i.e. a re-textured hat) that provide no actual advantage and just look cool. That's what's wrong, well, thats and you're running a server to earn money rather than running the server for the fun of providing a community with a place to play...

• Like 1

So, you didn't actually read it then...

The fact that you're offering ingame items that have impact upon gameplay (i.e. "ingame money") rather than purely cosmetic (i.e. a re-textured hat) that provide no actual advantage and just look cool. That's what's wrong, well, thats and you're running a server to earn money rather than running the server for the fun of providing a community with a place to play...

I'm sorry it costs money to run a server. And actually no I'm not trying to run a server to make money. I want a nice roleplaying community but running an arma server isn't cheap. Also when it said in-game items I assumed weapons and vehicles.

Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups. "In-game items" by the very definition are items found in game, including in-game money...

I'm fully aware servers cost money to run, no-one is saying any different. But if you can't afford to run a server and survive purely on voluntary donations (without any reward) then you shouldn't be running a server...

• Like 1

Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups. "In-game items" by the very definition are items found in game, including in-game money...

I'm fully aware servers cost money to run, no-one is saying any different. But if you can't afford to run a server and survive purely on voluntary donations (without any reward) then you shouldn't be running a server...

Ok well removing the in-game money thing isn't a big deal to me. So if I remove that then will I more likely be approved?

Read the Monetization rules. Follow the monetization rules. Get approved.

Edit: I find it odd how the thread linked in the OP has since been deleted...

I'm sorry it costs money to run a server. 

Sorry, but that's a nonsense argument, either get a better server provider, or get an actual job. A server for Arma isn't a significant expense. "I'm sorry it costs money to run a server" is usually Arma-Lifeise for "I like parting 12 year olds and their parents money" 

Read the Monetization rules. Follow the monetization rules. Get approved.

Edit: I find it odd how the thread linked in the OP has since been deleted...

One of my admins archived it. Idk why though.

https://www.bistudio.com/monetization

From the link above:

From February 1st 2015, anyone is allowed to monetize their Arma 3 server in the following way as long as they're registered, approved and listed on https://www.bistudio.com/monetization/approved/arma3:

-
Charging players to access your server, if the fees and associated perks do not affect gameplay in any way, is allowed. Cosmetic perks are allowed. Limiting access to only paying players is allowed.
- Product placement, in-game advertising and sponsorship is allowed.
- Selling of in-game items, that don’t affect gameplay, is allowed.
- Accepting donations is allowed, but to avoid any doubts: not providing donations must not prevent anyone from accessing the content.
- If we feel anyone on the list at https://www.bistudio.com/monetization/approved/arma3is exploiting any loopholes or is not acting in the best interests of the Arma 3 community, we will remove them. That will mean they will have to cease this kind of monetization immediately or face legal action.

Before applying, please check the following FAQ
The permission is given for a limited time. It will expire on January 31st 2017.

mayhim, this in red seens good for you? I believe it's very nice from BI.

But you need to get high populated first.