scottdog62

Ai see better at night

Need a way for the ai to see better at night, any help?

I made a early morning mission, and it is not pitch black, but the AI seem to think it is so I need a way to make them see better.

Then how about setUnitTrait? Use camouflageCoef to units.

problem is this work for executed unit only.

You could try messing with CfgAISkill by creating a simple addon which changes AI's skill.

Inside config.cpp:

class CfgPatches {
    class my_ai_skill {
        ammo[] = {};
        units[] = {};
        weapons[] = {};
        requiredVersion = 1.54;
        author[] = {"YourNameHere"};
        requiredAddons[] = {};
    };
};

class CfgAISkill {
    aimingAccuracy[] = {0, 0, 1, 1}; 
    aimingShake[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};
    aimingSpeed[] = {0, 0.5, 1, 1};
    commanding[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};
    courage[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};
    endurance[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};
    general[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};
    reloadSpeed[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};

// High values in the next lines
    spotDistance[] = {0, 1, 1, 1};
    spotTime[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};
};

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/AI_Sub-skills

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgAISkill

Or, a global way using setUnitTrait:

{_x setUnitTrait ["camouflageCoef",50]} forEach allUnits;

Not sure if isCustom is required here.

I'm actually wondering if this might be a big enough issue that perhaps it should be reported to BIS.

I made a night mission where the friendly AI have NVG capabilities and the enemies do not (USSOCOM vs. Taliban. NVG wouldn't make sense for Taliban) and in some instances I can literally walk up and touch them and they don't react to my presence at all.

Although I consider that part probably an unusual bug (it doesn't happen all the time), the enemies without NVG are at such a huge disadvantage. I can snipe them all day long even from distances less than 100m and they simply cannot see me or detect my general direction, even after getting shot at, at all.

Do be aware that the way AI see at night has drastically changed in the dev build and will be active once Apex hits:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/150500-development-branch-captains-ai-log/page-6#entry3045162

Oh dear god they're going to make detection even worse. :(

This is going to be a problem.

Advanced soldiers against a primitive enemy scenarios will be impossible to balance after this goes live unless it's in an urban setting.

I'm actually wondering if this might be a big enough issue that perhaps it should be reported to BIS.

I made a night mission where the friendly AI have NVG capabilities and the enemies do not (USSOCOM vs. Taliban. NVG wouldn't make sense for Taliban) and in some instances I can literally walk up and touch them and they don't react to my presence at all.

Although I consider that part probably an unusual bug (it doesn't happen all the time), the enemies without NVG are at such a huge disadvantage. I can snipe them all day long even from distances less than 100m and they simply cannot see me or detect my general direction, even after getting shot at, at all.

Yeah I have the same trouble that the you pritty much walk up to the AI and they won't react.

Be good if there was a way to tweak it.

hi,

I think you will have to help the AI. Maybe try to combine an addEventHandler fired and a reveal command.

cya.

Nikiller.