aspire0ne

How do I use Tanoa objects in Terrain Builder?

Hey guys,

how do I use the new Tanoa objects in Terrain- and Map Builder? Do I need to purchase Apex?

thanks a lot!

• Like 1

Of course you need to own apex, if you haven't already you'll need to purchase it

• Like 1

You should probably also mention that the content from Apex isn't usable outside the game until the pbo files are shipped unencrypted.

• Like 3

So I have to wait until Apex is released because the pbo files are crypted? Will they shipped unencrypted when its released?

You should probably also mention that the content from Apex isn't usable outside the game until the pbo files are shipped unencrypted.

I am not 100% sure how terrain packing works, but reading on discord there might be workaround around ebos, so one could actually use them even before ebo encryption is up. Of course, the dependency to Apex and Tanoa will still remain

So I have to wait until Apex is released because the pbo files are crypted? Will they shipped unencrypted when its released?

they will most likely stay encrypted for quite a bit of time if one was to judge it based on DLCs released so far

• Like 1

I am not 100% sure how terrain packing works, but reading on discord there might be workaround around ebos, so one could actually use them even before ebo encryption is up. Of course, the dependency to Apex and Tanoa will still remain

Hey PuFu, care to share how mate ? I have a sat/mask done and just itching for some Tanoa objects

Hey PuFu, care to share how mate ? I have a sat/mask done and just itching for some Tanoa objects

i would if i would know it. terrain making is not really my thing, but, as i said, there was a discussion about it being possible or not. I of course might be 100% wrong of course, and read it completely the other way around (via discord)

I guess you could use the assets with in-game terrain builders like X-Cam or Map Builder.

I guess you could use the assets with in-game terrain builders like X-Cam or Map Builder.

To import into Terrain Builder they have to be in the library, that is the snag as the source files are all .ebo, we'll have to just wait until BI release them as .pbo

To import into Terrain Builder they have to be in the library, that is the snag as the source files are all .ebo, we'll have to just wait until BI release them as .pbo

Can't those tools save in their own format? Kinda like what MCC or one of those early 3D editors in A2/OA. You could then populate your terrain and stuff and import them into Terrain Builder once the EBO files are unlocked.

You could place them in MapBuilder and export a Library + Object.txt then import them into TB.
But you would not be able to see the Apex structures in Buldozer. just ingame.

But I'm pretty sure one must write a config for MapBuilder to see the Apex structures.
Would be best to join the MapBuilder Server on discord, might be some guys in there already wrote some configs for Apex.

Other than that, PuFu is 100% correct, everyone needs Apex to play that map then.