J0K3R 5

Insurgency - Tanoa

Oh I forgot to say .. all my testing is on a dedi server with me joining as a client.

EDIT: Not convinced that this REAP3R revive is doing what it should :(

• Like 2

Oh I forgot to say .. all my testing is on a dedi server with me joining as a client.

EDIT: Not convinced that this REAP3R revive is doing what it should :(

more feedback the better.

If you are fairly sure, I can fire up a Far revive version to test out.

*** Just a quick note ***

The steam version has not been changed, still running the =BTC=_q_revive version.

Only the test version from my google drive has been altered to test out the new revive system

I'd like to help try out that Farooqs version to see if that is better suited to your insurgency.

• Like 1

I'd like to help try out that Farooqs version to see if that is better suited to your insurgency.

Uploading now to google drive.

In my drive you will see the standard version, thats the one that on steam

There also 2 test versions in there, FAR + Reapers

• Like 1

Cheers mate. Will test in an hour. These changes are very welcome and thanks for all your hard work!

EDIT: FAROOQ'S revive version - first test - disabled all the AI enabled from role selection, got myself some recruited AI and went into battle - got myself killed and immediately 'mission failed' all players dead :(

• Like 1

Uploading now to google drive.

In my drive you will see the standard version, thats the one that on steam

There also 2 test versions in there, FAR + Reapers

Will test today! So the far one only works with ai enabled? I mean even if I leave ai roles on they don't spawn for me. Only by the ai recruit menu. Is there a way you can add more ai to the recruiter? Like custom ones. Just a random thought haha.

• Like 1

Cheers mate. Will test in an hour. These changes are very welcome and thanks for all your hard work!

EDIT: FAROOQ'S revive version - first test - disabled all the AI enabled from role selection, got myself some recruited AI and went into battle - got myself killed and immediately 'mission failed' all players dead :(

in the description.ext - respawn = 4;

change it 3, see if works for you

Will test today! So the far one only works with ai enabled? I mean even if I leave ai roles on they don't spawn for me. Only by the ai recruit menu. Is there a way you can add more ai to the recruiter? Like custom ones. Just a random thought haha.

looking into a different way into recruitment

• Like 1

in the description.ext - respawn = 4;

change it 3, see if works for you

Will do ... also looking at automedic scripts that will cause your AI medics to heal wounded (but not dead !) soldiers :)

EDIT changing it to 3 didn't work.  Also tried not touching role selection (all AI enabled slots) but still die and it says teammates 0/1 and therefore I get the respawn dialog :(  This is still with Farooq's on a dedi server.

• Like 2

looking into a different way into recruitment

So I noticed if im killed, when I respawn fatigue is enabled. Even though I turned it off. 

Also noticed the AI stop moving randomly, the friendly AI that is, i'm on a dedi serve as well. 

Update

Yeah Reapers doesnt seem to be working right or something is messing with it, the AI freeze in place alot.  (I noticed they did this before Reapers as well)

• Like 2

Test version now removed from google drive.

New version uploaded,  

AIS Wounding System added.

Team kill punishment added.

Hopefully fixed stamina problem.

If no other problems, next will be High Command and call in reinforcements

any need for this : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31545

• Like 1

Nice one ... check it out now for you :)

BTW there is are several AUTOMEDIC scripts out there (that take the hassle of you micromanaging healing your troops .... one by bardosy and the other by Demonized.  I've used them in the past and they are lovely (as long as you look after your medic :) )

• Like 2

Nice one ... check it out now for you :)

BTW there is are several AUTOMEDIC scripts out there (that take the hassle of you micromanaging healing your troops .... one by bardosy and the other by Demonized.  I've used them in the past and they are lovely (as long as you look after your medic :) )

will try them out.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29641

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25534

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14769

• Like 1

Cheers mate ... appreciate the work you are doing.  It really is shaping up to be an awesome mission !

EDIT:  First feedback.  Good to see Psychobastards revive!  I'm keeping all slots playable as AI - I think this is important as it treats AI like players.  When the AI are hit they fall unconscious and there is a marker to give them aid.  Other AI will help revive them automatically (assuming they have a FAK!)  As for me - when hit I go immediately dead and must respawn - there is no revive for me :(  Not sure what is going on there.  This is starting to make some headway now :) 

Oh BTW fatigue isnt working.  And finally IF the AI actually do die (too heavily wounded, which is fine) they spawn back at base, but then run back to my group - could we get an action on them to at least use a placed MHQ to speed things up ?

• Like 1

Found an issue with the MHQ ... it will despawn from it's set position after a while.  Needs to be excluded from the respawn script.

• Like 2

Found an issue with the MHQ ... it will despawn from it's set position after a while.  Needs to be excluded from the respawn script.

Fixed it was set to 2mins, now 20mins

High Command added - Commander added look at bottom of player slots

Tidy up some code

uploaded to google drive and steam

** Im going to be away for 7 days from tomorrow, so updates will be on hold till Im back

• Like 1

Have a good holiday mate .. thanks for the update.  Will test now.

Any word on how to fix the player death?  The revive aspect isnt working :(

EDIT: just had a little play as commander ... HC mode works well UNTIL the leader is killed (where he the respawns and the rest of his troops run back to the spawn point!)

EDIT (overnight sleeping thoughts!):  To get around the problem with AI running from their respawn point, could you code them to use the HALO if they are not actual human players ?

Further playtesting edit:  Automedic is WONDERFUL (however he tends to run and try to heal the enemy - so reset him to "WEST" rather that _this select 1 and see if that helps.

• Like 1

Mostly a lurker here, but longtime modder.  This mission is an absolute blast.  It's a great way to get to know Tanoa and a blast for our relatively small clan.

Huge thanks to the dev for putting this mission together and maintaining/updating it regularly.

With @kaysio out of town I wanted to offer the following regarding the fatigue not being disabled, especially after respawn.

I was able to fix the issue on my dedi by modifying the following:

1. Fix initial spawn not having fatigue disabled when the option is set:

- There's a typo in Line 36 of initPlayerLocal.sqf.

- it should read:

if (PARAMS_PlayerFatigue == 0) then {_null = [] execVM "Scripts\PlayerFatigue.sqf";};

2. Fix respawn players not having fatigue disabled:

- Inside onPlayerRespawn.sqf, add the same line below the gearload call:

if (PARAMS_PlayerFatigue == 0) then {_null = [] execVM "Scripts\PlayerFatigue.sqf";};

That fixed it for me at least.  YMMV...and all that jazz.

ETA: no disrespect meant to the dev re: a minor fix for playability.  Huge props for a ton of work that we greatly appreciate!

• Like 2

Cheers mate ... don't think he'll mind at all!

EDIT:  I'm having trouble NOT getting revived by my AI buddies - have you come across that supahg33k?  I go immediately to the respawn dialog.  I only test on a dedi server.

• Like 1

Cheers mate ... don't think he'll mind at all!

EDIT:  I'm having trouble NOT getting revived by my AI buddies - have you come across that supahg33k?  I go immediately to the respawn dialog.  I only test on a dedi server.

Interesting.

I haven't done any testing yet with AI yet, only with a couple clan-mates.  I'll try to squeeze in some AI testing before the weekend though and see what shakes out.

In the mission you have an AI team already made (assuming you dont turn off AI in role selection).  If any of them get injured the AI medic will heal them.  If any of them get killed the AI medic will revive them.  However, if I get injured or killed there is no aid for me. 

Finally if I turn off the AI team from role selection and recruit my own AI, they neither heal nor revive !

Getting 2 errors in client RPT

player addUniform vUniform;
player addVest vVest;
player a>
23:16:22   Error position: <vUniform;
player addVest vVest;
player a>
23:16:22   Error Undefined variable in expression: vuniform
23:16:22 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Tanoa\scripts\gearload.sqf, line 5

23:15:22 Error in expression <deo_done";
};
};

if ((isDedicated) or (video_done)) exitWith {};

[] spawn
{>
23:15:22   Error position: <video_done)) exitWith {};

[] spawn
{>
23:15:22   Error Undefined variable in expression: video_done
23:15:22 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Tanoa\Scripts\intro_music.sqf, line 15

EDIT:  OK now I have sorted the recruited AI healing and reviving with a bit of coding (NICE!) however I find that when I am killed my recruited AI disappear!  Anyone know if this is because of bon_inf ?

FURTHER EDIT:  OK have modified bon_inf to stop AI disappearing by changing the fsm.  Have also fixed the gearload issue by saving the gear the moment the player is active.

• Like 1

Now have mission working flawlessly.  AI automedic and AI autorevive (for all, including players !)

• Like 2

That's outstanding!

What about the fog?  We played last night for about 4 hours and by about 3 hours in visibility was about 20-30 meters.  Started with weather set to clear and the longer it runs, the foggier it gets...

ETA: Disregard...realize it's a Tanoa problem, not the mission.  This is the most time we've spent on the islands so hadn't noticed it before.

I'm trying to sort out WHY I get the occassional AI death - it shouldn't happen, but does :(