D3F3CT3D

How do i setup custom objects?

Dont know anything about setting up custom objects , As in objects from Arma2 , CUP  to use on any Custom terrain. Any help is Appreciated!

I also think I can use Objects from Tanoa like Vegetation , Do i have to download the Custom Dev build as I didnt buy Apex yet.

I think the file Objects from Tanoa are not the standard .pbo files, it looks like locked .ebo files.

Maybe the closest you will get is the objects from UNSUNG MOD or BRG AFRICA but you will need their permission.

Do you have the Arma 2 franchise, you could use ARMA2P from Mikero.

If not then you can use:  https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_Licensed_Data_Pack

Then just import the parts you want into Terrain Builder, for example : Arma 2 rocks / plants / buildings.

Remember if you use parts from Arma 2, your going to need to run the CUP mod with your map.

Hmm I'm not sure I will buy apex if I can't use objects from it on my map. I don't think I will finish the map either.

I think the file Objects from Tanoa are not the standard .pbo files, it looks like locked .ebo files.

Maybe the closest you will get is the objects from UNSUNG MOD or BRG AFRICA but you will need their permission.

Do you have the Arma 2 franchise, you could use ARMA2P from Mikero.

If not then you can use:  https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_Licensed_Data_Pack

Then just import the parts you want into Terrain Builder, for example : Arma 2 rocks / plants / buildings.

Remember if you use parts from Arma 2, your going to need to run the CUP mod with your map.

I have arma 2 , I still need cup? :/

I have arma 2 , I still need cup? :/

CUP is the models fixed up for arma 3. He was saying you can use your arma 2 install, to get the models to add them to terrain builder

• Like 1

CUP is the models fixed up for arma 3. He was saying you can use your arma 2 install, to get the models to add them to terrain builder

Do i  need cup regardless of how i get the arma 2 models?

Do i  need cup regardless of how i get the arma 2 models?

Well your gonna need it for when you test your map, otherwise you won't be able to see the models.

Well your gonna need it for when you test your map, otherwise you won't be able to see the models.

EDIT: I understand now that CUP must be included in Mods on Arma3 startup 

Can you help what is "it"?

I have the @CUP_Terrains_complete-1.2.0 but do I just need to unpack EVERY single one in the proper location?

EDIT: I understand now that CUP must be included in Mods on Arma3 startup 

Can you help what is "it"?

I have the @CUP_Terrains_complete-1.2.0 but do I just need to unpack EVERY single one in the proper location?

If your using arma 2 models on your map, you need cup selected when you load up your map.

If you want to use arma 2 models on your map, you need to extract the .pbo's and place them in your P:\ drive

• Like 1