Sign in to follow this  
bhcluster

WorkDrive- ERR: 0x50098001

Hi All,

Today I started getting this error while trying to Mount the Project Drive, yesterday all worked fine I have switched the PC of normally and today this. Does anybody know a solution for this?

YyWmB5J.png?1

Any help is appreciated.

There's one tutorial for main branch -> https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190353-howto-work-drive-setup-buldozer/

Am waiting for dev to hit stable to update the tutorial, currently re-installing tools using dev branch, gonna have a look and report back.

EDIT:

Ok, right-lick on Arma3Tools.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility -> and uncheck Run this program as an administrator

Then launch the tools and go to Preferences (top of the form) > Options, then setup your paths (you can use point #2 in my tutorial, it is very similar)

Copy all your map stuff into your newly created Work Drive.

To explain a bit, the error 0x50098001 is thrown on startup when Work Drive is run as Administrator. The reason is if, for a given operation, the administrator privileges are need, Work Drive will ask for the elevation and proceed, mainly in order to prevent any issue with the project drive not being mounted for users.

There's one tutorial for main branch -> https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190353-howto-work-drive-setup-buldozer/

Am waiting for dev to hit stable to update the tutorial, currently re-installing tools using dev branch, gonna have a look and report back.

EDIT:

Ok, right-lick on Arma3Tools.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility -> and uncheck Run this program as an administrator

Then launch the tools and go to Preferences (top of the form) > Options, then setup your paths (you can use point #2 in my tutorial, it is very similar)

Copy all your map stuff into your newly created Work Drive.

I get this happening regardless as I have UAC turned off.

Are you running the administrator session of your computer?

Until I find out what happens, I will turn the error into a warning soon.

I'm getting the same error using Administrator type user account and having UAC disabled.