doomnet

BIS countdown module + end script call ?

Hi,

Does anyone knows how to call end script from description.ext with the countdown module ?

What do i have to use in its init field ?

Because there is only option to choose mission completed or mission failed, and i don't want to use that, but my own end script !

thanks

What about this script? Just let this run and call your script after it.

private "_time";
_time = 240;

while {_time > 0} do {
    _time = _time - 1;  
    hintSilent format["Explosives will cook off in: \n %1", [((_time)/60)+.01,"HH:MM"] call BIS_fnc_timetostring];    
    sleep 1;
};

Just set the time in seconds. This is all I could think of.

• Like 1

What about this script? Just let this run and call your script after it.

private "_time";_time = 240;while {_time > 0} do {    _time = _time - 1;      hintSilent format["Explosives will cook off in: \n %1", [((_time)/60)+.01,"HH:MM"] call BIS_fnc_timetostring];        sleep 1;};
Just set the time in seconds. This is all I could think of.

this will add the runtime of the while loop to the 1 second delay every time that loop runs.

There r time variables like time and diag_tickTime for that.

I would do it this way:

private "_time";_time = time + 240;while {time < _time} do {    hintSilent format["Explosives will cook off in: \n %1", [((_time - time)/60)+.01,"HH:MM"] call BIS_fnc_timetostring];        sleep 1;};
but I think he wants to use that countdown module ...
  • Like 1

yes its to use it with the inbuild countdown module, which have no so much options

would like touse my own ending script i have when the countdown is finished, so in the countdown module there is only init field, and the options are mission completed or mission failed

which i don't want to use at all !

for example if you look at the end module there is a possibility to call my own end script, so why BI does not put the same option in the countdown module ? that should be great update !

i'm using a custom countdown script, but i don't like it that much!

I prefer using the countdown module in the editor because it works great in multiplayer !

anybody knows how to call an endscript file from the initfield of the countdown module ?

Just place a trigger:

Condition : true

On Activation: _nul=[] execVM "yourEndScript.sqf"

Timer Type: Countdown

Time Values: Min: yourTime Mid: yourTime Max: yourTime

• Like 1

Well yes it can be a solution but its not what i asked for help

I use the countdown module in the editor and i have to call endscript.sqf when the countdown is finished

but there is only a init field in the countdown module no other options, only mission failed or mission completed, but i don't want to use those messages at the end of the coundown

but a custom script so how to call it from the countdown module ?

I don't want to use other countdown scripts, because the countdown module works perfect in multiplayer games and is synchronized to all players also stays on screen for everyone to see it.

so for people who don't use the countdown module, it works like this: when countdown is finished it ends the mission and says mission completed or failed that depends on what you choose,

but there is no other option to call a different endscript.

for example you can call a custom script from the end module but it doesn't take in account the countdown module, even if they are synchronised together.

So maybe BIS should ad more options in the countdown module to call whatever you want when it ends.

Or someone here explain me how to get the countdown module fire the end module when its finished ?

thanks hope my explanation was clear enough !

Well yes it can be a solution but its not what i asked for help
I use the countdown module in the editor and i have to call endscript.sqf when the countdown is finished
but there is only a init field in the countdown module no other options, only mission failed or mission completed, but i don't want to use those messages at the end of the coundown
but a custom script so how to call it from the countdown module ?

not possible, or let's say not practical.

I don't want to use other countdown scripts, because the countdown module works perfect in multiplayer games and is synchronized to all players also stays on screen for everyone to see it.

so is a trigger, it runs when activated on all clients

• Like 1