oukej

Targeting improvements

On 9/9/2017 at 11:09 PM, M1ke_SK said:

NLAW is no longer targeting vehicles? Sorry for question, but I noticed just now.

Works for me. Unlike e.g. Titan the NLAW should be able to lock even on cold vehicles. What was the range you were testing it on? NLAW only has a range of 600m and it has to be aimed quite precisely on the target while locking.

10 hours ago, twistking said:

is still still the case? this would be great, as it would point towards bis reworking the NLAW to implement realistic inertia-based fcs for the NLAW.

I'm sorry but in the end this wasn't possible together with the Tanks FCS. Atm there are no further plans to add predicted line of sight guidance :(

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, oukej said:

Works for me. Unlike e.g. Titan the NLAW should be able to lock even on cold vehicles. What was the range you were testing it on? NLAW only has a range of 600m and it has to be aimed quite precisely on the target while locking.

Confirmed. Works as intended. I was more than 600m away.

Sorry for confusion. It is clear to me now.

On 17.9.2017 at 3:47 PM, oukej said:

[...]

I'm sorry but in the end this wasn't possible together with the Tanks FCS. Atm there are no further plans to add predicted line of sight guidance :(

That's bad news. But thanks for the info!

On 17.9.2017 at 3:47 PM, oukej said:

What about manual beam riding guidance? The current manual missile guidance we have aims at a specific point in the landscape, which leads to many wonky situations - e.g. if you point at your feet when the missile is in flight - it loops around and if maneuverable enough hits you - which is ridiculous. Similar situation happens if you track the moving target and an object close to you moves in between you and the target - the missile immediately jerkes hard to adjust for the different vector to the much closer point target. If during aiming at the target you "miss" it with your beam occasionally, the point of target will be much further (possibly infinity) leading to very different missile maneuvers.

• Like 1