Hi,

I'm trying to find a safe and flat position anywhere on the map, so I'm using BIS_fnc_findSafePos.

_safepos	= [getMarkerPos "center",0,8500,(_this select 0),0,0,0];
_position 	= _safepos call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

But sometimes it spawns on hills to. How can I prevent that? Apparently you can set the terrain altitude, but that doesn't seems to work, as I tried it with

_safepos	= [getMarkerPos "center",0,8500,(_this select 0),0,999,0];

Nothing seems to work, it will spawn on hills and then everything looks crap. Anybody got an Idea?

I've found findsafepos is unreliable when using large radii.

I've found findsafepos is unreliable when using large radii.

That`s because of the scope. If you wait untill the Script finished it's 1000 Attempts it`s fine. The thing is just it won't find a flat position, it'll just find any position that is free :/

I'm trying to find a safe and flat position anywhere on the map

Hello ViseVersa,

have you tried isFlatEmpty ?

Nikander

Usually if findsafepos fails, it returns islandCenter as defined in the islands config

Hello ViseVersa,

have you tried isFlatEmpty ?

Nikander

Hello,

I haven't tried it directly, but I`m using BIS_fnc_findSafePos, which is using that function to. It's basically build - in.

----------------------------

It's not that BIS_fnc_findSafePos is failing, it's working "ok", it's more the fact, that it will not actually find a flat position, it will only find an empty Position. That's the main Problem I got at the Moment, as I'm using WAI (An AI spawning Framework) to spawn in smal side Missions, but they look extremely ugly due to that they spawn on hills a lot (Napf Map).