Sign in to follow this  
killerwhale

Object modifier issues

May I ask when BI decided to write the module  known as Object modifier, in the SET MODE category where you can specify a units stance. the only provided options are "stand up", "stay crouched", "go prone". Now why would someone leave out the option to return the unit back to "auto". once you set it to standing, it stays standing, the only option being prone or crouched. ofcourse I know you can use scripting commands yourself to return the unit but there are those of us who dont feel comfortable with scripting at all so why leave out such basic things?

The default unit position is "auto", so if you don't set it, it should stay "auto". May I ask under what circumstance you would need "auto" option in the menu?

I think he means that if you've set the stance before, you can't set it back to 'auto' with the modifier module.

For example, you've set up an ambush and want the units to stay prone until a trigger activates the module and sets the stance to auto.

I think he means that if you've set the stance before, you can't set it back to 'auto' with the modifier module.

For example, you've set up an ambush and want the units to stay prone until a trigger activates the module and sets the stance to auto.

Makes sense.

The module has been updated:

Added "AUTO" to Stance
Added "LOCKEDPLAYER" to Lock vehicle

Should be available on DEV tomorrow or next week.

Thread name changed to "object modifier issues" from "frustrated" as it was somewhat ambiguous ;) 

• Like 1

The module has been updated:

Added "AUTO" to Stance

Added "LOCKEDPLAYER" to Lock vehicle

Should be available on DEV tomorrow or next week.

how come they did not add this from the beginning? probably they don't play the game so they have no clue what a players need might be

how come they did not add this from the beginning? probably they don't play the game so they have no clue what a players need might be

THEY probably don't use modules as much as you do, so it slipped. If you find more issues with modules please report them as well.

• Like 1